• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom modding/ Painting Antec 1200 only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sure I like how the drives came out, but from the pics the case looks nice :thup:

GTX280, so you joined after all. Glad to see you here.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!

I test fit a slim line slot loading DVD player today. I still need to clean up the edges and then really make sure the edges align before I color match everything, but so far so good. I would have cut just a slot for the Drive out of the top and a spot for the button, but I didnt want to risk scratching discs. As a warning for those trying this mod, while cutting the steel is easy, the case IS made under tension. As soon as I cut the notch out (while saving as much steel as physically possible) the case popped ever so slightly out of square. I'll be adding a few rivets to it tomorrow.

I was worried I was going to run out of 5" bays. :santa:

Attachments

• IMG_0450.JPG
    IMG_0450.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 2,315
I test fit a slim line slot loading DVD player today. I still need to clean up the edges and then really make sure the edges align before I color match everything, but so far so good. I would have cut just a slot for the Drive out of the top and a spot for the button, but I didnt want to risk scratching discs. As a warning for those trying this mod, while cutting the steel is easy, the case IS made under tension. As soon as I cut the notch out (while saving as much steel as physically possible) the case popped ever so slightly out of square. I'll be adding a few rivets to it tomorrow.

let us see your mod maybe i might come up with ideas =)

now thats a sick mod!..... wish i had the tools to do something like this!, but alas i am stuck with me paint brushes =D

i am contimplating tossing Disturbed's Down With The Sickness face on it, or painting the WHOLE case a deep red like my bass guitar (you can see color here but i have to find a metal paint for that.... and its only a thought at this moment... the 1st thing i want to do to my 1200 is the LED's, i either want to track down 6 RED led 120mm fans, or just remove them, and change them, both work, it just depends on time

and the next thing is a cold cathode, only thing is i have to figure out where to mount it in the case o_O (any one ever add one of these into the 1200?)

I don't see any modding per say I do see a sweet paint job need some pic's of the inside of the case as well . Falls short of a mod job to me as it is still all very much stock except for the paint .

trickson, look at this

now i dont know about you, but if someone CUTS into there case, to put a slim line drive in it wouldnt you consider that a mod?,

to me i would consider a mod, doing anything that isnt "stock".... even a paint job to some degree could be considered a mod

"Custom modding denotes some one has done some changes other than just painting IMHO this is custom modding "

lol and im saying he did do somethin more then painting it haha

"Custom modding denotes some one has done some changes other than just painting IMHO this is custom modding "

lol and im saying he did do somethin more then painting it haha

OK OK lets not get into a huge ****ing contest here . I see your point but have you not seen mine ? look at my case get an Idea of what I am talking about . Cutting a hole out is a mod yes painting is a mod yes but I really did not see any thing special from what I could see it is just a very sweet paint job nothing more . I like the paint job just don't see a mod that is worthy like mine is .

Last edited:
Back