• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Customer Service: Directron VS Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafa

(Sorry, a bit of a rant, but I can't help but provide some balance to all of the "Newegg cheerleading")

Last week, I placed an order with Newegg. Since I'll be visiting the states in about a week, I indicated that the order be shipped to a US address which has long since been registered with our bank.

An automated email response was received the next day, informing me of the following:

Our order verification process requires that your billing address, shipping address, and at least one phone number must match with the information your credit card company has on file. In some cases further verification is also required. These practices are in place to protect our customers from credit card fraud and identity theft.

Your order will be cancelled after 3 business days from original purchase date if the invalid information is not corrected and verified.

Upon logging into the provided URL, I was directed to a page which provided me with no means of entering my local billing address. Upon contacting their staff by phone, I was informed that they won't ship to a non-us address nor a post office box (i.e., my billing address). After patiently explaining to them that my SHIPPING address was in the US, they said that it wasn't the same as my billing address. After again patiently explaining that this had been registered with the bank for a very long time, they said that they don't ship outside the US. At this point, tired of their bureaucratic nonsense, circular reasoning, and total unwillingness to help, I politely requested that the order be canceled and bid them adieu.

I then went to Directron and placed what was essentially the same order, but saved $100, as their prices were significantly lower. Within 8 hours, I received a phone call from them asking for verification information and was politely told that the order would ship out forthwith.

Directron's customer service is a perfect example of the way to do things. Newegg's on the other hand, is clearly the product of a huge corporation which is more interested in promulgating meaningless regulation while marginalizing the customer in an increasingly dehumanized environment while simultaneously narrowing their market scope to a single, controllable segment. I had decided to try them once more for this order, but can see that my charity towards them was clearly misguided, as this "egg" is obviously rotten.

kudos to Directron, Mwave and all the other companies which provide excellent customer service. From this point forward, I'll stick by my previous assertions that since Newegg thinks our commonwealth and I don't exist, Newegg won't exist for me nor anyone else for whom I recommend an online retailer.

Directron's customer service is a perfect example of the way to do things.

Except when they dont ship an item and ship 2 WRONG cases in a single order.

Then you have to deal with them accusing you of lying, 2+ weeks of constant phone calls to escalate the matter and threaten to involve your credit card company in the matter.

I will NEVER use Directron after that escapade but congrats on having a good run with them, I am glad to see that they are doing well by other people.

Back