• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cyber power press release: This is marketing at its best

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
CyberpowerPC Unveils Gamer Scorpius Gaming PCs – World’s First 8-Core Gaming Desktop Series Powered by “Bulldozer” AMD FX CPU

BALDWIN PARK, CA (October 12, 2011) – CyberpowerPC., www.Cyberpowerpc.com, a leading manufacturer of custom gaming PCs, today announced the Gamer Scorpius line, a series of desktop gaming PCs based on AMD’s new FX-series “Bulldozer” CPU series.
The new Gamer Scorpius series combines AMD’s new FX CPU, Socket AM3+ (900 series chipset motherboard), and AMD Radeon HD 6000 graphics into a desktop gaming rig that has a boost in performance of 50 percent over the previous generation of AMD desktop platforms at a low cost. The new AMD FX CPU provides fully unlocked processor clock multipliers that ensure maximum speed while processing to enable an unrivaled PC enthusiast experience for multi-display gaming, mega-tasking and High-Def content creation.

CyberpowerPC will feature all four unlocked AMD FX CPUs in its Scorpius series including: AMD FX-8150 3.60 GHz 8-Core CPU; AMD FX-8120 3.10 GHz 8-Core CPU; AMD FX-6100 3.30 GHz 6-Core CPU; and AMD FX-4100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core CPU.

The world’s first native 8-core desktop CPU line will also incorporate Microsoft’s DirectX 11 technology for an ultra-realistic gaming experience as well as AMD’s Turbo Core and VISION Engine graphics technology to help boost CPU speeds when you need it and make digital content like videos, games, and photos look their best. The new platform also provides native multi-monitor support.

CyberpowerPC’s Gamer Scorpius gaming PCs can be customized with a number of cooling options including CyberpowerPC’s Xtreme Hydro Liquid Cooling kit, CoolIT ECO-II liquid cooling, and Asetek 500 series liquid coolers. Additionally, users may configure the Gamer Scorpius with other hardware and components such as hard drive and/or SSDs, optical drives, gaming memory, and more at the company website, www.cyberpowerpc.com.
In addition to the Gamer Scorpius series, CyberpowerPC will also update its existing Gamer Ultra and LAN Party EVO Ultra based gaming PCs with the new AMD FX processors.

Starting prices for CyberpowerPC Gamer Scorpius systems powered by the new AMD FX CPU start at $576.

Additionally, CyberpowerPC loads every system with Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Operating System with Service Pack 1 to enhance your gaming and multimedia experience and includes an industry-best-3 year limited warranty and free lifetime phone support.

This is how AMD will make money. No questions asked.

and AMD Radeon HD 6000 graphics into a desktop gaming rig that has a boost in performance of 50 percent over the previous generation of AMD desktop platforms at a low cost.

What are they comparing against? a 6970 vs a 5200, because a Bulldozer isn't beating Thuban in any gaming benchmarks by any real amount, let alone 50% more.

What are they comparing against? a 6970 vs a 5200, because a Bulldozer isn't beating Thuban in any gaming benchmarks by any real amount, let alone 50% more.

So what? It is marketing man. How many PPL have a bad taste in their mouths because of this? Was AMD wrong? Yes and so were those who bought into it.

I am probably get hated for this but I must and I may get a PM about it as well.

Understand I want the best I can afford (at least what i am willing to spend) and I do not care if it is AMD, Intel or ARM.

The PPL who bought into the hype, went out and got a board also have issues. AMD did not make you buy anything. You know what hype is and if you do not then perhaps you should stick with OEM.

I am not innocent of being the same way and I got Burrrned so I know better. Yes my situation was quite diffrent but the principal is the same:Never count your eggs before they hatch.

Very true Archer, live and learn, that is why I'm not overly disappointed in BD, I did not expect much to begin with given AMD's CPU track record with a lot of barking followed with no bite, I was hoping though...

I was hoping though...

Believe me I was as well. Could you imagine if it had handled SB with ease? The next few years would have been awesome. Competition the likes of which we have not seen for a very long tome.

My questions is what does AMD lack (or Intel have) in theirs engineering labs that maintains this consistent gap? On the GPU fronts AMD is a powerhouse and force to be reckon with, they just suck at designing CPU's

My questions is what does AMD lack (or Intel have) in theirs engineering labs that maintains this consistent gap? On the GPU fronts AMD is a powerhouse and force to be reckon with, they just suck at designing CPU's

I honestly think it is the cache. The L3 can hinder some apps and I just think it is a rotten setup. Now I am speaking of the PhII here and PhI but from tha post Dolk made I actually believe it is worse on the BD. Because of the L2 and L3 setup. A shared L2 with crappy prediction and potential flush issues with an L3 that is slow and also not so good at getting the job done.

Back