• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cyberpunk 2077: does it have a full level editor/creator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

I haven't played CB2077 yet but I noticed there's some sort of developer's kit included, does this kit include the ability to create custom singleplayer maps?

Being an RPG all the quests and NPCs are hardcoded to a specific location/event on the main map, so not sure if changing it would be feasible? Maybe you can find something in Nexusmods, but doubt it :shrug:

@Kenrou
Fallout 4 and Fallout 3 are RPGs and people have built single player maps for that game, these are called new locations in Fallout 4 parlance.

@magellan With new NPC's or the original from the games? Interesting to know, I never really played the fallout series, there's something in them that just puts me off, even with the new hd texture packs 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm not sure Kenrou because there are more than a few such single player map mods (aka. locations) in Fallout 4. You could have an NPC in your location that wouldn't affect the rest of the game because your map/location would be entirely separate from the main game except for the loot, experience, weapons, armor you can collect there. I'm sure there are locations in plain-jane Fallout 4 that don't affect the rest of the game (quests, NPCs) except in the sense of giving you experience, loot, weapons, armor. IOW there are locations you don't even have to visit to complete the game storyline (which was also true in Fallout 3).

The DLCs for Fallout 4 are such new locations. You can complete the main storyline of the game without ever playing the DLCs or even having them.

Wait, completely new locations or spots that were already there but are now unlocked/visitable? The DLC from cyberpunk is simply an area that you couldn't access before (but was there from the start) that they filled with NPCs/quests.

In Fallout 4, the fan-made new locations are new maps accessible from existing areas already in the game, obviously you have to modify the original map to add the transit points to the new maps/locations. The areas are already there, but it could be a building or sewer or door that was previously inaccessible has been made accessible to get to the new map/location.

Back