• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cyberpunk 2077...sooooo excited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I mean, you get more performance with a lower resolution, but, you're also losing image quality at a lesser resolution (even worse running a non-native resolution). So it depends on what you mean by 'best'.

1440p but if you own a 4080 or a 4090 no matter what setting you set it at in should play without any problems just my opinion.
If your threshold is 60 FPS at 4K (like Rainless, the res)... the 4090 is the only card over 60 FPS at default Ultra settings... 4080 is 52 FPS. So it depends on what you mean by 'without any problems'. Below 60 FPS is typically a 'problem' for many. Worth mentioning, that's WITHOUT ray tracing. Enable RT without DLSS and those same users deem it unplayable (even at 2560x1440) on a 4090 (36 FPS at 4K UHD).

The review I'm getting the info from was linked in this thread a couple of times already (techpowerup's PL review).

I mean, you get more performance with a lower resolution, but, you're also losing image quality at a lesser resolution (even worse running a non-native resolution). So it depends on what you mean by 'best'.

If your threshold is 60 FPS at 4K (like Rainless, the res)... the 4090 is the only card over 60 FPS at default Ultra settings... 4080 is 52 FPS. So it depends on what you mean by 'without any problems'. Below 60 FPS is typically a 'problem' for many. Worth mentioning, that's WITHOUT ray tracing. Enable RT without DLSS and those same users deem it unplayable (even at 2560x1440) on a 4090 (36 FPS at 4K UHD).

The review I'm getting the info from was linked in this thread a couple of times already (techpowerup's PL review).
Settings in the game would be the FPS in whatever. Like 1080p 1440p 4k & 8k.I hope this makes sense.

2560x1440 is a good compromise between the best image quality/detail (by resolution) and best performing if that's what you are trying to say. But that holds true for every game, too...

Back