• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cyberpunk 2077...sooooo excited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL Na been a while I did slip into the void probably 4-5 years ago. Sadly stopped using desktops and moved over to laptops to be more with the family if working of gaming these days :)

I was wondering... "Am I gonna have to be the ONLY ONE TO MENTION that deathman20 is suddenly just HERE?!?!" :beer:

Gonna buy this for our GPU test suite... :)

I'm already testing it for RAM comparison, but I'm not sure if I find the time to rerun everything for the upcoming review. I still have to solve some test rig issues.
Maybe I will even play it, but so far only running the benchmark.

Haha! Naaaa, it's going to our OCF Steam ID, not my personal.

.....now F1 22.......different story. I play that on the OCF Steam ID, lol

He's DETERMINED not to own the game! :D

...he just likes to post benchmarks about it. ;)

Experience > 2nd Hand Knowledge :beer:
You're right. Often, however, the problem is how those facts are interpreted and later shared. It's a good thing I have a decade+ of experience benchmarking, interpreting, AND relaying results! :attn:

Edit: The fun part is going to be figuring out what settings we want to use! I'm, suddenly, buried in reviews again... we'll get to that soon enough! I'll keep this thread updated (does anyone want that here? LOL). We could use more input/sanity checks. :)

Last edited:
You're right. Often, however, the problem is how those facts are interpreted and later shared. It's a good thing I have a decade+ of experience benchmarking, interpreting, AND relaying results! :attn:

Edit: The fun part is going to be figuring out what settings we want to use! I'm, suddenly, buried in reviews again... we'll get to that soon enough! I'll keep this thread updated (does anyone want that here? LOL). We could use more input/sanity checks. :)

Does that mean you're actually going to play... THE game? Not just run the benchmark over and over?

Because I would be interested in seeing how a new player, especially one with your hardware, experiences the game and its, oh yes still MANY, bugs.

(Or whether those bugs, particularly the lag I experienced during firefights, even exists in a higher-powered setup...)

Also... "Decade+"?

Gatdamned millenials...

Hold my Rubik's Cube! :D

I didn't say they were. THAT's why I was hoping he'd actually play the game and not just get it to run the benchmark.

:nono:

If the benchmark works fine, then everything else isn't important.
I would play it if it was a new Fallout.

Btw. it seems to scale well with RAM performance. So far, I'm testing SODIMM DDR5, but there is a 5-7% difference between some settings, even at 4K. I bought it when I posted info about the price cut, and I've only been benching since then.
I have to replace something from older benchmarks in RAM reviews or maybe just add CP2077. It would be better if something else from new games had a built-in benchmark that scales well with RAM performance (and it wasn't a Ubisoft game). Most games are good for 1080p only.

Does that mean you're actually going to play... THE game? Not just run the benchmark over and over?

Because I would be interested in seeing how a new player, especially one with your hardware, experiences the game and its, oh yes still MANY, bugs
No. I thought I was clear about that, lol. I wasn't talking about experience playing the game(s), but how people read, interpret, and present information to others. You don't need to play the game to know if something got 'stomped' (or...didn't), for example. ;)

Also... "Decade+"?

Gatdamned millenials...
*Pumps shotty with one hand... looks menacing. Murmurs 'get off my lawn'...

Gen X (a young one, lol), thank you.

Let's leave this thread for actually discussing the game. My bad, folks. I may start a thread to crowdsource some info at a later time. :)

Last edited:
Tweakless , cyberpunk 2077 runs smooth on the Intel rig in my signature.
Reminds me of Grand Theft Auto alot of times.
Eye poppin colors and busy busy graphics engine.

Something about the weapons and shooting that is overall off , difficulty low.

Overall im still frequently going to this title for a few numbing hours of gameplay.

Back