• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cyberpunk 2077...sooooo excited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, On force uses all, so just shoddy coding on Auto/off I guess? Been thinking for a while now that the optimal CPU for gaming would be 12c-16c with tons of cache and no HT/SMT or E-cores... then again considering what Off here did to Rainless... :rofl:

That wasn't "Off." The first one (where I lost performance) was "ON". The second one (where performance basically went back to normal) was "AUTO". I didn't even realize there was an "Off." I thought it was just "ON" and "AUTO." I'll try it next time.

That wasn't "Off." The first one (where I lost performance) was "ON". The second one (where performance basically went back to normal) was "AUTO". I didn't even realize there was an "Off." I thought it was just "ON" and "AUTO." I'll try it next time.
Ah, that explains it, it's trying to use something you don't have so coding goes haywire

Funny to see what it does on two different systems that don't have what it's changing... why the option is there for any CPUs that don't have the P/e, no idea..........ICANT!

Ryzen SMT setting has been there since at least 2.0, but I would have thought the difference would be greater regardless on Ryzen, looks like despite all the tweaks and optimizations it's still very much a 100% GPU bound game 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ryzen SMT setting has been there since at least 2.0, but I would have thought the difference would be greater regardless on Ryzen, looks like despite all the tweaks and optimizations it's still very much a 100% GPU bound game 🤷🏻‍♂️

I agreed with your earlier assessment: I really wasn't expecting this "new feature" to do anything. Was a bit surprised that it made everything worse! :D

But... like you said... I guess it's just wasting code trying to do what it can't do. (Funny how they didn't bother to run a simple check whether the CPU could do it or not...)

Anyway I was fine with the performance even on my 2060 Super. I'm more than fine with the 4060 performance.

I have no doubt the new changes for 2.0 will be amazing, I did not jump on the CP train early due to all the rumors of so many bugs and issues.. So here I am several years later 80hrs into my first play through and loving it when 2.0 updates my game even though I am pretty sure I had it set to not auto update. totally nuked my game.. so many items I had, legendary status on and tons of crafting materials I spent along time getting Poof, gone. I was able to find a way to continue my 1.63 game, I will finish it, wait some time then get the DLC and start an entirely fresh game and enjoy the new shiny parts and the DLC. but I was not a fan earlier in the week for sure. sex việt nam

I have no doubt the new changes for 2.0 will be amazing, I did not jump on the CP train early due to all the rumors of so many bugs and issues.. So here I am several years later 80hrs into my first play through and loving it when 2.0 updates my game even though I am pretty sure I had it set to not auto update. totally nuked my game.. so many items I had, legendary status on and tons of crafting materials I spent along time getting Poof, gone. I was able to find a way to continue my 1.63 game, I will finish it, wait some time then get the DLC and start an entirely fresh game and enjoy the new shiny parts and the DLC. but I was not a fan earlier in the week for sure. sex việt nam

That's... WEIRD. You shouldn't have lost anything!

I was worried about losing stuff, too... but after the 2.0 update... everything was fine.

I haven't really noticed a difference, to be honest, because it had been so many YEARS since I'd played the 1.x version. But everything was as I'd left it.

SMFH...shut it, LOL... nobody is on a high horse (da fuq?). :)

...thanks for re-running it. Looks like it didn't do much at all. I'd call ~1.2 FPS close enough to run variance that the difference is negligible.

Still, I wish they didn't enable the option for PC's that don't qualify for it's uses. This is done all the time with graphics options... why not CPU?

SMFH...shut it, LOL... nobody is on a high horse (da fuq?). :)

I swear... You Millennials and your acronyms... :p What the hell is a: "PEBKAC!"??!

Is that what all the cool kids down at the Gluten-free Artisanal Waffle House are saying? :D

...thanks for re-running it. Looks like it didn't do much at all. I'd call ~1.2 FPS close enough to run variance that the difference is negligible.

No problem. (Actually I'm in a ridiculous amount of pain right now... so it was kind of a problem. But I got so mad when I found out v-sync was on that I just fought through it! :D )

Still, I wish they didn't enable the option for PC's that don't qualify for it's uses. This is done all the time with graphics options... why not CPU?

Meh... It's a new thing. Judging by Kenrou's results... They just barely kinda/sorta got it working.

You're right though, in the graphics section the new DLSS setting only showed up when I upgraded to the 4060. So it should be easy enough for them to recognize what CPU I've got...
Post magically merged:

Yeah spotted something :)

Side note, makes me curious to run some benches on my laptop see what I pull off.

DEATHMAN20?!?!?

What did I slip through an alternate dimension... or have you been here the whole time? I haven't seen you since 2006! (Unless I just completely overlooked you because we haven't gotten into any arguments! :D

What the hell is a: "PEBKAC!"??!
It's funny, b/c I'm a lot older than you (by time on this earth, lol). Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. In other words, hoomun airOR. It happens to the best of us. :)

No problem. (Actually I'm in a ridiculous amount of pain right now... so it was kind of a problem
Sorry to hear that. :(

Meh... It's a new thing. Judging by Kenrou's results... They just barely kinda/sorta got it working.
Kenrou has an AMD, which also doesn't support that technology (p/e cores).

That's just more support for what I'm suggesting - the option shouldn't be editable on systems that don't qualify. The game tells you what CPU and GPU you have (right?), if not, others do and this AAA title should easily be able to 'grey out' the option if it's not applicable.

Someone with a 12/13/14k series Intel CPU and this game is who needs to test it so we can see the performance difference. AMD users and Intel users without p/e core CPUs need not apply (though the exercise was still informative about how it behaves otherwise). :)

Calm your horse's gentleman, like I said above, the option for Ryzen has been there since at least 2.0, it's nothing new, and it only enables/disables SMT (AMD's version of HT), what I thought was weird was that I expected disabling SMT would have a lot more impact on FPS because of the new CPU optimizations, as in, it uses CPU a lot more. Also, to ED's credit, the new option for Intel doesn't show on my menu.

They could also have done something like this, options we can't use are greyed out:

01.jpg

Last edited:
Calm your horse's gentleman, like I said above, the option for Ryzen has been there since at least 2.0, it's nothing new, and it only enables/disables SMT (AMD's version of HT),
That's different than the new option Rainless swapped/ran, right? I flubbed my words....you adjusted SMT, not the new option. My bad! Does it show up in your options at all?

They could also have done something like this, options we can't use are greyed out:
That's exactly what I'm saying. That Hybrid/P-core focus option that's in the new patch or w/e should be greyed out on systems like Rainless that don't have them. :)

DEATHMAN20?!?!?

What did I slip through an alternate dimension... or have you been here the whole time? I haven't seen you since 2006! (Unless I just completely overlooked you because we haven't gotten into any arguments! :D
LOL Na been a while I did slip into the void probably 4-5 years ago. Sadly stopped using desktops and moved over to laptops to be more with the family if working of gaming these days :)

Late edit: Also, to ED's credit, the new option for Intel doesn't show on my menu ;)
Yes agreed its not on the intel side at least with a mobile i9 13900HX processor.

Back