• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cyberpunk 2077...sooooo excited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There's a weapon wheel? I've been using 1-4 or mouse wheel. Patch 2.1 changed keybinds which now takes some getting used to, might want to check them...

There's a weapon wheel? I've been using 1-4 or mouse wheel. Patch 2.1 changed keybinds which now takes some getting used to, might want to check them...

Yeah. You hold down... "ALT" I think? And the weapons wheel comes up. It's either Alt or Ctrl. One of those two. I used to use it ALL THE TIME before I stopped playing the game for years. Then I started using the scrollwheel. But now I'm back on the weapons wheel. :D

Something interesting to note, I tried the frame generation mod, and it works but with a lot of caveats, so uninstalled cyberpunk and re-installed it (Steam version), and this time it came with the latest DLSS DLL, v3.5.10, nice of them to update it :thup:

Cyberpunk 2077: PC Benchmarks Running on PS5 and Xbox Series X - So What Do They Do?

What if internal developer benchmarking tools for the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 could run on consoles too? Well, they can! Rich eases back into video production for 2024 by showing various internal benchmark runs 'ported across' from PC to consoles via the cross-platform save share option. But are any of them actually useful when the consoles use FPS limits? And what happens if we run those same benchmarks on a PC built from very console-like hardware? It's all here.

4K Cyberpunk 2077 2.1: Walking in Little China During the Night - DLSS 3.5 Path Tracing AI RTX 4090

Every time I see you've posted here I think: "There BETTER NOT be another update!"
In fairness, I haven't seen any news about updates or DLCs in the future, so I just assumed they were done with 2077 (except maybe small patches for bug fixes) the second I saw a sequel in the works :unsure:

Patch 2.11 is up, ~12gb :thup:

"In this update we focused on fixing the most common issues encountered by players, including Finisher animations, and added a little something for Rayfield enthusiasts!" - "Added the CrystalCoat feature which allows you to change vehicle paint color. Because this technology was developed exclusively by Rayfield, it is currently only available for Rayfield vehicles you own."

PC-specific

Added a Hybrid CPU Utilization setting, which can be found under Gameplay → Performance. It can be set either to "Auto" (lets the operating system automatically decide how to distribute threads among the cores) or "Prioritize P-Cores" (prioritizes performance cores). It is set to "Auto" by default.
Implemented a fix that improves performance, especially on AMD RX Vega GPUs.

Added a Hybrid CPU Utilization setting, which can be found under Gameplay → Performance. It can be set either to "Auto" (lets the operating system automatically decide how to distribute threads among the cores) or "Prioritize P-Cores" (prioritizes performance cores). It is set to "Auto" by default.
Interesting... I wonder what the performance bump (I'm assuming) actually is...

Might actually give an interesting bump on Intel if all the scheduler issues aren't fixed yet, but not expecting any significant performance increase on Ryzen 🤷🏻‍♂️ More curious about the supposed increase on Vega since they don't really say anything more about it?

Might actually give an interesting bump on Intel if all the scheduler issues aren't fixed yet, but not expecting any significant performance increase on Ryzen 🤷🏻‍♂️ More curious about the supposed increase on Vega since they don't really say anything more about it?
Yeah, nothing on current-gen I wouldn't imagine (unless intra CCD?). But, next-gen, with AMD's deployment of big/LITTLE, we'll see how it works out with Windows schedule. I have to imagine it's better, lol.

I wonder why on such old architecture (Vega) a 'bigger' increase...

Yeah, nothing on current-gen I wouldn't imagine (unless intra CCD?). But, next-gen, with AMD's deployment of big/LITTLE, we'll see how it works out with Windows schedule. I have to imagine it's better, lol.

I wonder why on such old architecture (Vega) a 'bigger' increase...

They've got at least one person working on AMD GPUs exclusively. That person probably just figured out some unused optimizations for that particular chip.

Your 9600kf doesn't have HT or E-cores, what the hell does that setting change that killed performance :rofl:

3800x 8c/16t
001.jpg

Auto
002.jpg

On
003.jpg

Off
004.jpg

Although the difference doesn't seem much, on Auto/off there are distinct hitches and stuttering during loading (and takes longer), which don't happen with On.

Needs more than 8c/t to do the work, I guess? :shrug:

For rainless, minimum stayed the same, the average dropped several percent, yours K, both dropped.

Well, On force uses all, so just shoddy coding on Auto/off I guess? Been thinking for a while now that the optimal CPU for gaming would be 12c-16c with tons of cache and no HT/SMT or E-cores... then again considering what Off here did to Rainless... :rofl:

Back