• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

d5 photon pump res combo help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ecthellion

i have to photon 170s with d5 pumps on them, one for my graphics card and one for my cpu, they both have a blue cable on them outside of the power connector, i cannot for the life of me figure out where to hook up this blue cable too, i believe its the pwm cable. im using a rampage v edition 10 mobo, ive looked at the manual but its not really clear as to where to hook up these cables, any thoughts would be apreciated. thx

thanks a million to both you guys, noirmmaly i just hook the pumps up to the psu but wanted to try out the pwm function on my mobo to see how it works, but the manual isnt really clear on where too hook them up. but both of those posts helped immensly

the pump is not pwm controlled.
the blue wire, connect it to the cpu fan header and it will let you display pump speed.
if you bought a D5 vario, it adjusts by a little knob on the end and you will need a small flathead screw driver to adjust it.
for a single block loop I start with a setting of three and that has always worked well for me.

Back