• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED D5 pump died??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dangerouSoul

Hi guys, I did maintenance on my loop this weekend, the pump I guess is dead, it doesn't move water at all.. I disassembly it. It was running before. I tried with another psu same thing. It is possible to try something else? I can't fill the loop like that. If you guys need pictures I can do that or vids.hope you guys can help. The pump has another year warranty. I bought it directly from EKWB. Cheers

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but it is not clear to me. Is the pump running but not moving water, or is the pump motor not running? If it is not moving water there could be an air-lock. If the motor is not running start an RMA with EKWB.

I'm sorry, but it is not clear to me. Is the pump running but not moving water, or is the pump motor not running? If it is not moving water there could be an air-lock. If the motor is not running start an RMA with EKWB.

OH sorry friend.. It isn't moving water at all. It makes a few bubbles at least. I can move the bearing with ease so it is not stuck. I will try with another psu then other mole from another cable.

If i understand correctly, it was working before he did the maintenance, so i'm guessing air lock, or it died because of air lock stress after trying to refill the loop.

If i understand correctly, it was working before he did the maintenance, so i'm guessing air lock, or it died because of air lock stress after trying to refill the loop.

Yeah it was working before. When I turn on the pc I can ear the pump working. But it makes sound like we are drinking something. ��

That sounds like an air-lock. Do you have a full reservoir or column of water at the intake of the pump?

That sounds like an air-lock. Do you have a full reservoir or column of water at the intake of the pump?
I have water on reservoir.. The pump I can feel it vibrating but isn't moving water.. Don't know what to do. Never happened to me.

Attachments

• IMG_20200315_162957.jpg
    IMG_20200315_162957.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20200315_163106.jpg
    IMG_20200315_163106.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
Try to shake the case and squeeze the tubes to see if it starts moving.

Don't forget to soak/let dry all of those drops of fluid before powering the all system.

Last edited:
Try to shake the case and squeeze the tubes to see if it starts moving.

For forget to soak/let dry all of those drops of fluid before powering the all system.

Yeah I know friend.. It was a splash. I tried to blow the tube to see if it started moving water.. I will try it later. Should I close reservoir?so I have to press all the tubes?none have water, only reservoir.

WARNING!!! Running a D5 pump with no fluid will damage/destroy the pump... When you take apart the D5, the spinner (water mover) sits on top of a ceramic ball. The space in-between these two parts is lubricated by whatever coolant you are using.
Can you include more pictures?? I don't know where the OUT hose runs to, we need to see the whole setup. Thanks :)

From your description - the motor is working but the top is not spinning.

Take the D5 out of you loop and do a quick check. Here is a picture of what a NEW/Good Ceramic Ball looks like - snaphsot0005.png .

WARNING!!! Running a D5 pump with no fluid will damage/destroy the pump... When you take apart the D5, the spinner (water mover) sits on top of a ceramic ball. The space in-between these two parts is lubricated by whatever coolant you are using.
Can you include more pictures?? I don't know where the OUT hose runs to, we need to see the whole setup. Thanks :)

From your description - the motor is working but the top is not spinning.

Take the D5 out of you loop and do a quick check. Here is a picture of what a NEW/Good Ceramic Ball looks like - View attachment 209168.

The ceramic ball is perfect mate. I checked it.. What I didn't checked it was the molex conector. I will tell you more when I got home. I can't send videos. It doesn't let me.

Question, you have a valve on your out port, is it open?

From the images i think theres incorrect port setup for the flow orientation...

I think something is lost in translation with "weak with jumper," can you try to explain further?

For loop order you're just crossing lines a lot. Could go from pump output to GPU to CPU to Rad back to Pump. I don't think it makes a huge difference other than appearance though.

I think something is lost in translation with "weak with jumper," can you try to explain further?

For loop order you're just crossing lines a lot. Could go from pump output to GPU to CPU to Rad back to Pump. I don't think it makes a huge difference other than appearance though.

It wasn't moving water.. Only bubbles appeared.. It is solved now.. After 4 days it works now.. I guess it was massive air lock.. Now it is good. Add to connected 24 pin directly to motherboard to fill loop. Now with jumper works great. Thank you friend for trying to help ��

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Thank you all guys. It is solved now.

How friend?

For loop order you're just crossing lines a lot. Could go from pump output to GPU to CPU to Rad back to Pump.

Exactly, pump»gpu»cpu»rad»top of res. And don't forget to pay attention to the specific inlet port on blocks, specially cpu.

For example, your loop flow now is entering the wrong port on the gpu, and that impacts a tiny bit, because you gpu block have a jet plate.

Back