• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Daddy's NEW water cooled rig.....(OHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAA)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dude - why are you getting temps on a water cooled rig that are higher than my temps on air??? real nice rig tho, wish mine was that tidy at the moment!!

Tornado Guy

Trigger_Hippie said:
does the
(1) 86 Mustang Heater Core
have fitting for 1/2" pipe on both inlet and outlet????

just asking cos I dont know.

ta

I think they are 5/8" OD & I went to the local ACE harware store for adapter fittings.

rhino56 said:
thats a beauty, very nice work man. i really love the case, that thing must be quite as mice, now its time for some real overclocking. see what it has in it.

almost as cold as my stock air cooled HS also.lol:D

Thanks for the complements!!!

Vrykyl said:
dude - why are you getting temps on a water cooled rig that are higher than my temps on air??? real nice rig tho, wish mine was that tidy at the moment!!

Tornado Guy

What are your room temps? I am new to this anyway so there is probably a lot of room for improvement on the perfect temps.

My room temp right now is:

77F

& the PC is runnin @:

95F

Let me know.

BTW....

What are your room temps guys, I had a Thermaltake Volcano 11 running before this setup with upper 40's low 50's. I personally think being in the upper 20's lower 30's is a dramatic improvement.

Let me know, Thanks!!!

Is it me or is 29.2c a lil high for a watercooling system and a non overclocked XP 3000+? Especially because he does not have anything that creates to much "alien" heat such as a 9800 pro.

lol

I know, I know..............It just doesnt match!!!

I guess I have been focused on everything else, Maybe within a month I will get a better one.

Thanks for the compliments!!!

o btw, my system is an AMD 2500+ @ 2.3ghz rock solid at 41c with copp hs and 92mm vantec ducted and controlled by fan mod.

ya'll he's in new mexico, the two of us are in the same boat. i am on the gulf coast of mississippi, can't go farther south here, and with air cooling i was getting high 50's in the summer with my rig upstairs, now with watercooling i get low/mid 40's upstairs in the summer with ambient near 80F. come down here in july, the humidity alone would kill you :D

I like it a lot. I personally don't like the Xare what ever cases but its your choice. I'd also take out the side fan. I keep air flowing in from the lower bottem and comming out the top back. Its like convection or somthing. Very clean setup. A+

Those temps seem pretty normal...

I'm watercooled, and my 3000+ at 100% load runs stock @ 35.C
And at like 2.7GHz runs at like 43-45.C, at 100% load again

ogboot said:
ya'll he's in new mexico, the two of us are in the same boat. i am on the gulf coast of mississippi, can't go farther south here, and with air cooling i was getting high 50's in the summer with my rig upstairs, now with watercooling i get low/mid 40's upstairs in the summer with ambient near 80F. come down here in july, the humidity alone would kill you :D

Thanks for clarifying all that............a lot of these guys were acting like I lived in Alaska or something. LOL

Big_Baller said:
I like it a lot. I personally don't like the Xare what ever cases but its your choice. I'd also take out the side fan. I keep air flowing in from the lower bottem and comming out the top back. Its like convection or somthing. Very clean setup. A+

Thanks, I kept the fan there cause there would be a huge open hole in its absence. I think its working ok for now pulling hot air out with another thermaltake fan sucking fresh air mounted in the front.

italiandiesel said:
o btw, my system is an AMD 2500+ @ 2.3ghz rock solid at 41c with copp hs and 92mm vantec ducted and controlled by fan mod.

Here's your cookie too ;)!!!

Good Boy!!!

wildfrogman said:
Welcome to the forums. Just a helpful tip..click the edit button if you need to add more to a post and try not to double post if you can help it. Looks like you are very happy with your system also.

Naw, Its for (2) different guys who are so proud of thier temps they *****d my thread braging about them.........LOL

Ive ran out of cookies though!!!:rolleyes:

Back