• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Daddy's NEW water cooled rig.....(OHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAA)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
aldamon said:
If I hooked up my 1300 to that much tubing it would probably cry. Or am I underestimating my pump?

Its probably cause the dtek (I think) is more restrictive....(I could be wrong)

But my 1300 keeps a even stream through the whole system nicely.

I am very pleased!!!

that isa beautiful set up , so neat so clean and the colors are great - it gives me motivation to get my watercooling set up done - well the external case @ least!

nice job for sure!

those temps are great.. i am not sure what the rest of you guys are talking about. from 29 idle to 33 load that's a small delta, plus the guy went down from the upper 40's to 50's... the only reason why its not lower is probably because the pump is not adequate enough to supply flow to the longer tubing. Good work! :thup: :cool:

^^^ good point

but i have a termaletake spark 7 running @ 5400RPM and my max load is 36 C on a 2.4 @ 2.9 - but then again it is not very quiet! :D

i figured H2O cooling would easily keep in the under 30C temps - i guess too it depends on your ambient temps.

Thanks guys, I think the system could be improved in the heatercore due to the size difference of the shroud which I used some weather stripping to make sure its not spinning its wheels... as they say. Another thing about the temps, I have been running fold@home heavily since wednesday & the temp has stayed at 33 degrees. I used to have a thermaltake volcano 11 running on a speed control full throtle playing unreal the awakening @ lower 50's...... it was horrible, & very noisy....Me & the wife did not like the noise in our dinning room.

ull never get air temps like that unless its cold and ur running high rmp fans.

lets compare.

Air
-nice oc who cares the spec.
-sit freezing your tits off
-cant hear jack now and your developing tinitus

Water
-nice oc again blah blah
-sit in general warmth amb temps
-can bearly hear your computer.

say what you want i run on air atm.

i run my cpu fan at 1900rpm to keep it as silent as i can.

not overclocked well but wow who cares if i get 3fps more in ut2004, least i can hear the game still.

runs at 41c idle and 43c stress.

lowest temp i got with air was full rpm in a collldddd room and got 28c

Very nice man, and wo0dy, your P4 is running lower temps on AIR because Intel's run at much lower temps than AMD's.

doomass:)

I never understood the whole temp competition anyway.. Its like " dude my **** is bigger than yours" on the internet or something.

I personally feel if your full load temps at under 50 and you are overclocking with water cooling, then you have done a good job.

With water the performance is not in the lowest temp, like was pointed out, its the better delta. At least thats how I feel. I'd like to see a HSF go from 29C idle to only 33C full load in a regular environment.

Then you have to factor in how everyone is taking temps (diode ? socket ? how reliable ?) its just not worth it.

If your PC runs and is stable, and you don't smell anything burning. You have done a good job. End of story.

Thats a nice setup by the way.

Neco said:
I never understood the whole temp competition anyway.. Its like " dude my **** is bigger than yours" on the internet or something.

I personally feel if your full load temps at under 50 and you are overclocking with water cooling, then you have done a good job.

With water the performance is not in the lowest temp, like was pointed out, its the better delta. At least thats how I feel. I'd like to see a HSF go from 29C idle to only 33C full load in a regular environment.

Then you have to factor in how everyone is taking temps (diode ? socket ? how reliable ?) its just not worth it.

If your PC runs and is stable, and you don't smell anything burning. You have done a good job. End of story.

Thats a nice setup by the way.

i second that one :)

there are so many factors that affect the cooling - heck i could put my tower by my windows again (i like the cool weather - but hot during the days here) and get my temps down around 26C on air @ 5700RPM and full load 2.4b @ 2.93 - but i dont - as said as long as you can keep it cool enbough to run stable - good job!

damn, that's a fresh! rig you got there. (hope ur ma knows not to vacuum behind that cupboard :) )

The only mom at my crib is my wife &

Actually, the real problem is my 2yr old son trying to play my games & tries to act just like his daddy………..look at my picture, he is playing counter strike on xbox live. (I don’t slouch though) LOL

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments!!!

1-Man-Army said:
nice job was wondering how much volts are u putting into that proc? while @ 2.35ghz

Sorry, I didnt see this,

I actually have not messed with the voltage at all. Does anyone know how to do it on a Gigabyte Pro2 board. Mine says "voltage protection".

can the via 1300 even pump that high because that's a large distance to pump. how is the via 1300 working out i have heard some really mixed opinions on it.

Very good work.

But you definitly need to upgrade to at least a 9800pro. Also, get another 60GB hard drive and run them in RAID. If you do that, it'd be a lot better.

Back