• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Daddy's NEW water cooled rig.....(OHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAA)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
aldamon said:
If I hooked up my 1300 to that much tubing it would probably cry. Or am I underestimating my pump?

this might be the reason for his somewhat inflated w/c temps, but those arent bad at all. temps here in albuquerque have been actually pretty reasonable of late, with a slight turn towards the 80s. im starting to worry about my room temps for the next few months... i need to get some serious room cooling, or else my temps will start to really rise.

btw cevjuan, what part of abq are you in?

Busty St. Clair said:
can the via 1300 even pump that high because that's a large distance to pump. how is the via 1300 working out i have heard some really mixed opinions on it.

It works fine for me, it comes out the exit tube a steady stream. I probably could benifit from another pump....but I think its chuggin along fine.

termin@tor said:
Very good work.

But you definitly need to upgrade to at least a 9800pro. Also, get another 60GB hard drive and run them in RAID. If you do that, it'd be a lot better.

I just upgraded from a 64mb card............gimmie a break.....LOL

I got a wife & kid who bust my balls for all the money I spend.

Besides, How would I setup a RAID config? I have not done one before, what are the benefits?

t1mex said:

this might be the reason for his somewhat inflated w/c temps, but those arent bad at all. temps here in albuquerque have been actually pretty reasonable of late, with a slight turn towards the 80s. im starting to worry about my room temps for the next few months... i need to get some serious room cooling, or else my temps will start to really rise.

btw cevjuan, what part of abq are you in?

I actually live in Rio Rancho, but I work off of Montano & Coors.....What about you?

hammer_gaidin said:
I'm running a 3200+ with a Volcano 12 and mine runs at about 30. I think he should be able to get more out of it than 29.

You are in Michigan.........of course your temps are the same as mine..........I live in the desert southwest a totally different climate than what alot of you guys have.

My ambient temps are usually 85+ degrees all the time in the house....IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Bottom-line:

I went from upper 40's lower 50's AIR COOLED on a VOLCANO 11

to

Upper 20's lower 30's WATER COOLED

EQUALS=

DRAMATIC DECREASE IN PC TEMPS.........WOOOOOHOOOOO IM HAPPY!!!

nice rig man! I also just recentally build a watercooled system. I would like to poit out a few things tho. First, whoever said "its like an interent competiton of who has the bigger ****", I couldnt agree more. Just because you watercool, dosnt make you eleet, and it dosnt meen youll get temps in the lower 20's @ full load. Watercooling is basically an alternative to high-end noisy hsf's. Lets face it, there are alot of HS and HSF's that could probally keep up or even beet most water cooled system (not using pelts), but at what cost? Would you rater listen to the somewhat sooting sound of a quiet pump? or do you want to close your eyes and feel like your working on an air strip? And dont even try to argue with me. If you have a HS, and you claim 30 c idel temps, dont even try to say "my fans not loud". my watercooled system runs at 34c idle, and 39c load, and thats with both my case fans (the only ones i use) @ 720 rpms. If i turn them up, i get 32/37c, but thus, more noise.

Good job on the system, I hope your overclockings go well.

Back