• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damn you DIYPC Adventurer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes/no

have close is as close as possible?
If you are fairly close you can use a shroud and they actually give a minor performance increase. Its minor, but any gain is a gain.

well wen i say close im saying that the thin piece of case metal is seperating.....let me take a picture. give me 10

dear jesus i dont know what im gonna do for the top radiator....this case is NOT ment for watercooling.

Look at newer cases at that price point. You could find really nice case for around $150 range. Figure out how much rad you think you will need and future proof so you know what case to look for unless you want to hang things outside of the case. Corsair Air 540 comes to mind is one case.

well im getting the haf xm for 110 shipped to me so its a good deal i figured plus lots of room in it

Rusty

well im getting the haf xm for 110 shipped to me so its a good deal i figured plus lots of room in it

Rusty

It seem its a old design. Lots of cases around the $100 mark that are more water cooling friendly. Just giving you a heads up but hey its your money. GL

Got any in mind. i havent looked into many cases. im into wire management and now water cooling. needs to be roomy and arnd 100 bucks

Got any in mind. i havent looked into many cases. im into wire management and now water cooling. needs to be roomy and arnd 100 bucks

Whats your budget or top dollar you're willing to spend? $100+ will get you more room for rad room than less would. Got to think this through on how much heat surface you'll need so you know how much space is needed.

Corsair Air 540 being at the $150 range is the best air or water case atm, imho. Look around the forums as you'll see alot of pleased folks. Here's a build log on one. A simple 2013 or 2014 computer cases on google should bring you up to speed on cases.

Figure how much radiators you're going to need to water cool said components. Than go off that and find a case.

i was thinking about that since i did so much work to it already but in the end i feel it isn't gonna be worth it. the case simply isnt build for internal water cooling...at all. i actually took out everything i didnt need just to make room for potentional water cooling. top radiator isnt gonna fit without major modding. way past my level. plus i figure if i get a new case i wont have to rush build it since it will be a extra case. just seems like the smart way to go.

Rusty

Hey Kamakasi, have you seen the NZXT H440? It looks beautiful and has tons of room for radiators. Its gonna come out in a few days, so you could be one of the cool kids on the block by being one of the first to get it!

Heh. There was a time not long ago that NO cases were designed for internal water cooling. If you have a spot 2x 120 fans on top of each other that's a fricken GIFT.
That metal your talking about isn't a big deal at all. You can always silicon it if your getting too much blow by. My first serious watercooling setup used 2mm cardstock for shroud material. Just make a box out of it and glued it together.

If the radiator fits SOMEWHERE you can make it work.

i already got the R4 on its way here. Now just waiting for deals on water cooling stuff as well as the 955 be.

Back