• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drkcyde

Registered
My case (phantek enthoo primo) says it can house a 480mm radiator at the top of the case, this is my first water cooling project so im trying not to buy things that won't fit obviously. I have 120mm fans so I was looking at this radiator

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...Copper_Quad_120mm_Radiator.html?tl=g30c95s570

The length says 522mm but I can't seem to find any 480mm or less overall length that are quad 120mm fan capable. And the 360mm radiators are only triple 120mm fan capable.

Can someone point me (hoping for a link) to a 480mm radiator that can house 120mm fans, or will this radiator work? (I assumed it would fit because quad 120mm = 480mm, but that overall 522mm length makes me second guess if it will fit in the case).

You aren't going to find a 480mm radiator that is a total length of 480mm, as those rads are meant to have 4x 120mm fans and you have the extra room for flow through and and barbs. I would say that if the case says it is compatible with a 480mm rad than that one you found will work.

Edit: Being as the specs of this case are: 250mm x 650mm x 600mm, that 520mm total length radiator will fit just fine in the top.

Last edited:
You aren't going to find a 480mm radiator that is a total length of 480mm, as those rads are meant to have 4x 120mm fans and you have the extra room for flow through and and barbs. I would say that if the case says it is compatible with a 480mm rad than that one you found will work.

Edit: Being as the specs of this case are: 250mm x 650mm x 600mm, that 520mm total length radiator will fit just fine in the top.

It'll fit, but you'll lose the top bay for anything other than a fan controller.

Both members are correct. :thup:

I also found this for you OP.

Top radiator installed - the manual specified that a radiator no thicker than 70mm can be installed however I cannot see anything limiting this as with the UT60 (60mm thick) it already hangs over the first 5.25" bay (the only thing I thought it could have been in relation to)
PUl422V.jpg

Conveniently the plate covering the 2nd PSU cover can be removed to allow the drain port of the radiator to be used... great drain spot with minimal work!

Source

Back