• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Day Z Mod for Arma II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Let's be honest, we all care about how our avatar looks more than anything in the game and we want to make it look as unique as possible. :rolleyes:

Oh I really could care less about character customization as long as game play is good. I'm just saying the look they have given them is much more of a civilian look helping the game feel more like your a survivor then a soldier.

I think everything they are adding will help make surviving more of a focus and more challenging so people are less prone to camp or fire on you in a town.

Just give me a good easy, yet fast and stable private server setup. One that isn't such a hog...

i enjoyed watching the presentation they gave a couple weeks ago, about how everything is interconnected like everything is going to have properties such as pop having "sugar" properties which gives a small boost to hunger but "if you go around only drinking pop.. you're gonna have a bad time" -rocket haha and almost everything will have "hit points" and be breakable such as radios and whatnot. and the "pirate radio stations" seem almost like a boombox which i don't see as a problem at all id imagine that kind of stuff would be present in an apocalyptic atmosphere.

Just give me a good easy, yet fast and stable private server setup. One that isn't such a hog...

We will have to see what options they will release with the private server setup. or if we will have to wait for someone else to come out with their own.

My question is that if I choose to be private server do I have to run my own DB like before or are we running one included with the alpha assuming we aren't connecting to the master DB which I assume you won't if you're private password protected server.

Hopefully it won't be too hard though because when I was running mine I spent more time admining the server and repairing damage from hackers and fixing BE issues then playing. It was a nightmare lol

I think I found it under This PC > Documents > ArmA 2 > user_name.ArmA2OAProfile

keyMoveForward[]={17,200};
keyMoveBack[]={31,208};
keyTurnLeft[]={30,203};
keyTurnRight[]={32,205};
keyMoveUp[]={};
keyMoveDown[]={29};
keyMoveFastForward[]={273};

EDIT: Confirmed. My brother was able to copy/paste this into his copy of that file (overwriting the same section) and we now share key bindings :)

Last edited:
I have only been playing for a month or so. Still on the vanilla Dayz mod, Chernarus map, I think?

I play on one of the W.I.C.K.E.D. servers if I just want to kill AI bandits or on another called Thermos that a local friend runs.

Back