• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR or DDR2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OutS|der

whats better for now and next year at this time?
super fast DDR ram or wait for the toal upgrade and get the highest DDR2 memory
looking for the best option on the max stable overclock of next years best CPU's

I use DDR2 I would have to say that DDR2 is most likely the future since it has a much faster stock speed and it is cheaper for ram that is higher speed than the DDR for the same price.

Next year's best CPU's will be using DDR2. AMD is moving to DDR2 with their new Socket AM2. However, there is no DDR2 for AMD now, only Intel is using DDR2 at this moment. They aren't pin compatible either so you can't just pop it in any DDR memory slot.

I have to say, I love both my DDR and DDR2, but if I was building a new system tomorrow I would surely be using ddr2.

DDR2 is the future, but it will be a very short lived future. It will barely outlive DDR. If you are building an Intel system then DDR2 is the obvious choice.

DDR2 is the future but as it stands, DDR is the best for performance in an AMD system, DDR2 for Intel.

Back