• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Debug Code - GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozumel

I'm trying to identify two debug codes that seem to occasionally happen randomly on the above board. Noticed it a first a week or so ago. The pc boots fine but these are not the typical codes seen normally after successful boot. Most time I get a normal code (A0) but occasionally the 'atypical' ones appear. Cannot replicate as it appears so randomly. Sometimes on warm boot. Sometimes on cold boot.

The debug codes in question are

I have just created a support ticket with Gigabyte to determine the cause but the reply will likely take a few days due to the weekend.

Thank you! :)

Last edited:
That was my first thought. But when I checked the Gigabyte website, the only thing it says about the F7, is that it provides support for Broadwell CPUs. I've got a Haswell so it seems unlikely to be cause of unusual debug codes, unless the update also includes hidden fixes I guess. I'm on an F6 revision at the moment. hmmm.....I don't know...I suppose that could be it...the F7 is only a few moths old....the unusual debug code only happens occasionally...and I don't normally have the case open with the motherboard facing me. I could have missed noticing before the last few weeks.

Last edited:
Well I'm sure Gigabyte TS will ask if you have the latest bios flashed. Maybe wait until they get back to you and see what they say before flashing it.

I included my F6 bios revision in the tech specs when creating the support ticket. :)

Right, I've worked out what 03 means. When I woke up this morning, my system was in sleep mode. I will normally configure a pc to always stay awake ie sleep mode disabled. Because this is a fresh install of win10 I hadn't got around to doing that yet. Anyhow, what I've discovered is that the 03 code happens as soon as the pc is either automatically or manually put into sleep mode. It never returns to A0 status even after rig is awoken, staying permanently at 03. The only way to return to A0 state is to reboot (warm or cold). Since I plan on overclocking I definitely want the mobo to have A0 status to ensure maximum stability. Not a problem, as like I said, sleep mode will be permanently disabled anyhow. I have now tested and replicated this numerous times and am satisfied that it is resolved :)

So now I'm left with the 04 code and I'm thinking that could be something to do with hibernate or hybrid mode. Now, I haven't had a 04 code since I disabled Fast start-up in Windows Power options. (I needed to edit registry and disable Fast start-up to get numlock enabled at startup). Since Fast startup and hibernate/hybrid mode are co-dependents on Win10 I am thinking that could be why I have not had the 04 code for a over a day now. I need to try to replicate though. So I will re-enable Fast startup, force hibernate and run some tests on this desktop.

Last edited:
And the 04 code was caused by hibernate.

I now have it disabled via the Power Options in Win10 and then also with the 'powercfg/h off' command in command prompt just to make doubly sure.

So now I've 'solved' both problems and the board has a permanent A0 code, meaning everything is running just fine. :)

Still waiting for Gigabyte to get back to me lol. Looking on their forums, the last person who had the 03 code on a desktop board got an RMA as Gigabyte couldn't identify it and said it must be some kind of unknown error with the board, maybe RAM related or something!

Back