• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

default vCore T-bird 1333?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gahdzila

my BIOS says 1.75, but I think it's wrong, as MBM says 1.85 (and we all know how reliable MBM is at measuring voltages :rolleyes: )

Just wanted to know what the default is, as I think if I give it a little more juice, I can break that 1500 ceiling...right now I'm rock stable at 1496, but I can't get 1 mhz more at default voltage.

The default voltage is 1.75volts. But ASUS motherboards tend to overvolt a bit so MBM might not be completely off there.

1.75v is the default vcore.
The Coolest is right when he said that Asus overvolts the core and DIMM voltage a bit. My 1.75v set in the bios is actually 1.82v when I check in the bios h/w monitor and MBM5.

thanks, guys. That makes me very leary of giving it any more voltage.

MBM also read 1.82 on my other Asus board, so MBM is either consistantly inaccurate (unlikely), or the Asus boards do in fact overvolt a bit. So I guess I'm stuck :D

I may try to fiddle with the FSB and multi settings a bit, maybe lower the multi and see if I can get the FSB higher, as performance should improve at the same CPU speed...right? Right now, I'm at 11x136 (default is 10x133). I've got Crucial PC2100 RAM which does just fine at these settings at CAS 2...so I think my RAM can handle a bit faster FSB. I think my last board (Asus A7A-266) just did not like higher FSB's...I used these settings on it because it just would not boot with the FSB any higher, regardless of the multi. Maybe the PCI lock on the nforce2 board will help me out a bit :D

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Back