• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

delete system 32?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
sooooo.
Tonight I was just going to tear apart one of my rigs and retire it, but tom foolery made it's way into my head.
I thought, it's a win xp pro rig soooooooooo, let's see what happens when I delete single files from the system32 folder!!!!!!!
I started, one file at a time and just nothing, it booted and ran fine for quite a while, but then, after a great number of files it started to show issues, the nic died and other things, you actually have to remove a good bit, or get lucky early to do the damage. I found the correct batch file on the web and because I just wanted to get on with it, ran the batch file and rebooted annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, it's dead, YEA!!!!!!
So, yes, deleting system32 fixes all windows issues!!!!

legal disclaimer,
no hardware was knee capped in this mayhem, only A deserving operating system was destroyed.

Far as I remember some Windows versions wont let you manually delete it. Thats why you needed bat file. I mean you can nice chunk of it but it will boot in windows like nothing happen.
I remember while using my first PC deleting everything for god knows what reason and it ran for a while fine, but then had to use recovery tool xD. Then I couldn't even read English correctly or understand it xD

sooooo.
Tonight I was just going to tear apart one of my rigs and retire it, but tom foolery made it's way into my head.
I thought, it's a win xp pro rig soooooooooo, let's see what happens when I delete single files from the system32 folder!!!!!!!
I started, one file at a time and just nothing, it booted and ran fine for quite a while, but then, after a great number of files it started to show issues, the nic died and other things, you actually have to remove a good bit, or get lucky early to do the damage. I found the correct batch file on the web and because I just wanted to get on with it, ran the batch file and rebooted annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, it's dead, YEA!!!!!!
So, yes, deleting system32 fixes all windows issues!!!!

legal disclaimer,
no hardware was knee capped in this mayhem, only A deserving operating system was destroyed.
Only you C/D! :D

ohhhhh, you knew that one day I'd have to give it a try.

soooooo. tonight I'm getting lit and looking at that machine and throw it back together and throw xp pro back on it.
I've never had a malware just eat the innards of windows, well other than windows..........
soooooo, where do I go to get something like mydoom or zero day that will really muck this thing up?

goat.se is gone.
pirates bay is gone.
silk road is gone.
I need a real rats hole, kind of like the old Austin street in Houston, behind the old bus station...........

Last edited:
LOL whatever you try to do just make sure it's not hooked up to the network.

Back