• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell 2007FPW has been FIXED! Excellent News!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lordkosc

This is straight off the dell forums!

Update on banding fix process. BTW - all exchanges will be for new monitors. Not refurbished. [ NEW ] [ Edited ]

Before I start reading through the messages, let me bring everyone up to date. The factory in China is working overtime to flash the monitors. They will get them to our hub as fast as they can. Once they are in the hub, our dispatchers will start processing the exchanges. I cannot give you any definitive time or dates on when they will get to the hub. Please be patient.

The next question many of you had was how the actual exchange process works.

1. I gather your shipping, monitor, etc. information
2. That data is put into a spreadsheet for the dispatchers
3. The dispatchers setup the exchange
4. The monitor and a return airbill are shipped to you
5. Place the old monitor into the box that the new monitor shipped in
6. Attach the return airbill to the box
7. Call the number on the return airbill to arrange for pickup

Message Edited by DELL-ChrisM on 05-27-200606:16 PM

So if you have a defective 2007FPW that has color banding make sure you register on the Dell forums and contact Chris M! :clap:

w00t they finnaly fixed it! So is this saying that all of the new monitors coming out of the warehouse new are already fixed? If so i will be getting one today

n0aH said:
w00t they finnaly fixed it! So is this saying that all of the new monitors coming out of the warehouse new are already fixed? If so i will be getting one today

I believe so :sn: but don't quote me on it!

I think i will wait for reports of people that have gotten thiers fixed and to see comparison screenshots of the difference

It'll be fixed once i confirm the abanding is gone and my panel looks good :)

Also, i am gonna be raging ****ed if they send me a panel for replacment and it has dead pixels, i will send it right back if that happens...

Sucka said:
Also, i am gonna be raging ****ed if they send me a panel for replacment and it has dead pixels, i will send it right back if that happens...

Good luck with that, Dell won't honour you.

They will only replace it if you have 6 or more dead pixels, or a tightly bunched set of pixels.

Source

voodoomelon said:
Good luck with that, Dell won't honour you.

They will only replace it if you have 6 or more dead pixels, or a tightly bunched set of pixels.

Source

But if they replace my perfect display with one that is worse, i think i have a valid case with them, don't you think? If it comes to that, i will request a full refund for faulty equipment, or request my panel returned me. I bought the one i did because i knew it didn't have dead pixels. That is very important to me. Had 2 laptops with dead pixels and it drove me crazy.

Reading the process though, if i get a new one and it does have dead pixels, no way i'm keeping it anyways, I'll just send back the new faulty one.

why don't you wait and see what happens. If your initial display was "perfect" there's a good chance new one will be as well. I'm glad and in a way pleasantly surprised that Dell opted to own up to the problem and attempt to do right by their customers (albeit due to rather overwhelming outcries. Still). We'll see what happens. Hopefully new monitors will arrive, they'll be just as good as 2005's and we'll call it a night.

Im ready to grab one of these if people can confirm that the banding issue is fixed. I mean if Im dropping 300+ for a monitor I want it to work properly =)

I get one the these 2007s tomorrow or on wednesday, what was the problem with them ? "exactly" ?

Make your way yo the Dell Forums, there's PLENTY of info on the problem. It's a gradiant problem. Bassically it's like using the monitor in 16bit.

I am also very curious if the new units are "Fixed", as my old 2000FP is starting to act up :) . The price is very tempting...

:cool:

Now the fuss on the Dell forums is if it fixed the blurry text and flickering. It seems the text can get vary from very obvious (esp. blue type on gray background) to one, or two, pixel perimeter blurring. The flickering doesn't seem to be on all monitors though otherwise it'd have even more complaints than the banding. I'm personally more concerned about the sharpness of the text because it might cause eye-strain.

13rian said:
Now the fuss on the Dell forums is if it fixed the blurry text and flickering. It seems the text can get vary from very obvious (esp. blue type on gray background) to one, or two, pixel perimeter blurring. The flickering doesn't seem to be on all monitors though otherwise it'd have even more complaints than the banding. I'm personally more concerned about the sharpness of the text because it might cause eye-strain.

My panel has no flickering at all, and text is quite crisp. Actually that was one of the things i liked most about it. Coming from a CRT it has been extremly easy on my eyes. Since according to the fix info you get a new monitor, i'm thinking maybe i should just keep the one i have. I really don't want to risk getting a new one in return with flickering, blury text and dead pixels...

mine is going straight back to them if i have that ;problem, i dont spend that kinda money to get a pile of shat.

Dont mean to thread jack here, but how do these compare to the 2005FPW ?

The fixed ones of course ..

Sucka said:
It'll be fixed once i confirm the abanding is gone and my panel looks good :)

I was under the impression you were perfectly happy with your display as it is? Did I become mistaken at some point :)?

WaTTz said:
Dont mean to thread jack here, but how do these compare to the 2005FPW ?
The fixed ones of course ..
There are no fixed ones (yet) so hard to say how it will compare. I have minor banding on 2005 & 2405, no more no less than on a Viewsonic and Sony I've tested. Both about the same. As it stands, the 2007 looks like s#!t next to 2005, it really does.

ooo babay! this tiny dell crt is starting to say its final words and be read his final rights...(sorry not christian dont know what exactly "last rights" are...good ole atheism for ya)...so if the problem im having: the sides of the display on the monitor sometimes "wiggle" like a vertical sound wave like this
untitled7am.jpg
all the way down the sides of the picture..how obnoxious...so i might be in the market for a new monitor and the 2007 sounds like a good bet as to what ill buy if i need a new one

Back