• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dell 2405fpw and non native res

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think it looks great when I run at 1650x1080 when I have to...can't tell anything is out of proportion or anything. The monitor also has a 1:1, aspect stretch, and stretch mode. 1:1 will keep a native resolution and blackout any pixels that arn't used (so you can run 800x600 and each pixel will be represented by 1 pixel on the LCD...leaving a alrge black area around the outseide) aspect stretch will stretch the image and retain it's aspect ratio...this is what I leave mine at, and then stretch, which stretchs any image to the full size of the monitor.

so ur saying at basically any res the monitor looks awesome........but at its native res is where it really shines

yeah....do you understand why an LCD needs to be at native res for it's best picture?

I have a question. Some games well many doesnt support this monitors high res. And I saw that it is possible to make the monitor to keep the game ratio. So it gets black on left and right side instead of squashing the image. How do I do this ?

Like when im playing warcraft 3 its all squashed. I wish to keep the 4:3 ratio I think it is ?

THanks!

select aspect stretch or 1:1 under image settings on your monitor.

checkout the sticky on widescreen gaming...pretty sure WC3 can run 1920x1200

ajrettke said:
select aspect stretch or 1:1 under image settings on your monitor.

checkout the sticky on widescreen gaming...pretty sure WC3 can run 1920x1200

Thanks for a fast reply.
I found the image setting on my monitor. however, it says auto is best and I cant do anything in there ?!? They are all dark grey and even I klick on + and - it wont to down to the aspect settings ?!?

Also "checkout the sticky on widescreen gaming...pretty sure WC3 can run 1920x1200" Where do u mean I should check the sticky ??
The highest res in wc3 is 1280x1024 I think it was. I just tried the res in the game. Or it was 1 higher thou I coult not choose 1920x1200. And the game is very squshed.

Thanks!

In the sticky there is a link to a good widescreen gaming forum, in there there is a topic on W3. Unfortunately, they just give a link to a page that no longer works. But it does say you'll need to do some registry editing. Good luck to you, let us know if you find something.

EDIT:: HERE is the link to the page that shows what registry edits need to be done, if you have any other games that you want to do check out the master game list on the site.

Back