• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dell just ****ed me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wow.. just called em back and this time they said none of my coupons worked so thats why they charged me$207! so she's like our online orders staff handles it, let me transfer you there! so she freakin transfers me to the main menu, AGAIN :mad:

Yeah, they like to "transfer" you to other departments, which end up back at the main. Do you have a print out of the order confirmation? That would prove that the coupons worked at the time of purchase and they should refund you. Demand a supervisor, or else you will just get thrown in circles in their endless phone menu system.

bchur83 said:
Yeah, they like to "transfer" you to other departments, which end up back at the main. Do you have a print out of the order confirmation? That would prove that the coupons worked at the time of purchase and they should refund you. Demand a supervisor, or else you will just get thrown in circles in their endless phone menu system.
all i have is the order acknowledgement
wierd.. i dont see a confirmation is my box

If they accepted/confirmed the transaction via email then afaik they are obliged to supply the goods at that price and CANNOT charge more without your consent.

heh.. talked to another rep ~ this time forwarded my acknowledgement and he said he'll put in a request..and will have an answer for me within 24hrs

you have to pay close attention when checking out, i found that some Dell coupons only work if buying their retail merch, but the same item from the dell outlet wouldn't take the coupon (explained in the fine print, some stuff is discounted to the max already if refurbed or closed out).

this is all disclosed right before you hit the 'buy' button. i know this as i just pulled the trigger on a 20.1" LCD widescreen, the refurbs allow for no discount, can get a new one for about the same amount with 22% discount, go figure..........

good luck with your purchase.

baldy

sounds like you can only use one coupon at a time anyways, and prob not on discounted items...

You messed up i think

i did use 1 coupon lol
the Dell Home Customers: Save 50% off Select E&A items!
Expires on 2005-09-29 10:59:59 - $97.50
was dell's promo, no coupon code from me!

Did you get an invoice from them that says it was a different price than what they charged you?

If so it would be very easy to dispute with your bank.

well just called them up.. they're refunding me $200...now im asking for them to pay the damn bank bill for going under :) ill let you guys know what happens

just got off hold.. they're giving me a $75 dell credit..and the rep will call me in a few hours to give me the code..
but i just called my mom and it sounds like i will be getting charged $50-65 by the bank because the whole processes of getting my $$ back is taking a week

Back