• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell S2409W LCD good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just wanted to point out it is 16:9 dynamic aspect ratio instead of the usual 16:10 for PC monitors.

It wouldn't be my pick for a gaming monitor. Obviously you couldn't play 1920x1200 res games and Dell's site states nothing about scaling options so even lower resolutions may end up unnaturally stretched w/o 1:1 pixel map.

And wth is a dynamic aspect ratio?

It wouldn't be my pick for a gaming monitor. Obviously you couldn't play 1920x1200 res games and Dell's site states nothing about scaling options so even lower resolutions may end up unnaturally stretched w/o 1:1 pixel map.

And wth is a dynamic aspect ratio?

Hmmm looking for a good gaming monitor preferably 24" less then $325 including shipping if not free...

and I don't know something about the size of the screen... :shrug:

Don't get a 16:9 monitor. Aside from it being a resolution that you might have to hack in to games we need to discourage monitor makers from screwing us by trying to make smaller monitors of the 'same size' when measured diagonally.

Don't get a 16:9 monitor. Aside from it being a resolution that you might have to hack in to games we need to discourage monitor makers from screwing us by trying to make smaller monitors of the 'same size' when measured diagonally.

ok so 16:10 is ok then?

Back