• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI board is here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Warmonger said:
Well I just received the DFI mobo and A64 3200+ DTR (CH CG) yesterday and had it setup.

It has the same mobile issue where I have to power off 3 times before it'll POST. I was able to get it to 2300 MHz.
Setup:
Vcore 1.5V
VDimm 2.6V
multi x10
ldt x3
DRAM 230 MHz

I got Buffalo RAM 2 x 512 (Micron Rev C)
I don't really understand the ratio stuff. Where is the HTT multiplier set or is that LDT?
How should I proceed to overclock this?
I assume find max mem?
then max cpu freq?
I think a couple examples will make it easier to understand.

Thanks for your help guys!

Hey bro, also go to the link in my sig, this should fix your post problems :D , it did mine. Oskar is the man. he got right on the problem and straightened it right out. and then i added the 4.0vdimm back to it:)

Jess1313 said:
Hey bro, also go to the link in my sig, this should fix your post problems :D , it did mine. Oskar is the man. he got right on the problem and straightened it right out. and then i added the 4.0vdimm back to it:)

Oh my god... so there is full mobile support?? Time to sell my desktop chip :D... do we need to mod anything on the PSU to get that 4.0vdimm? That seems a little too high for me anyay, 3.2 seems harsh as it is... I thought that would be bad for the processr, no?

I just called GameVE.com and they are receiving another shipment on the 28th of september, so I got a while to wait before I get it :(, oh well you guys keep us posted on the results.

EDIT:

Xaggerate , what is your progress?

dreIU said:
Oh my god... so there is full mobile support?? Time to sell my desktop chip :D... do we need to mod anything on the PSU to get that 4.0vdimm? That seems a little too high for me anyay, 3.2 seems harsh as it is... I thought that would be bad for the processr, no?

I just called GameVE.com and they are receiving another shipment on the 28th of september, so I got a while to wait before I get it :(, oh well you guys keep us posted on the results.

EDIT:

Xaggerate , what is your progress?

lol, well you should need anything above 3.2vdimm for EB's, 3.3+ is usually only Winbond territory:):D,w00t w00t w00t i love not have to do the 3 power cycle :bday:

Jess1313 said:
lol, well you should need anything above 3.2vdimm for EB's, 3.3+ is usually only Winbond territory:):D,w00t w00t w00t i love not have to do the 3 power cycle :bday:

Well... I am not so much concerned about the memory getting too hot, but rather about the CPU and its on-die memory controller. I know many have fed it 3.3vdimm 24/7, so I feel safe at that, but 4.0vdimm.... :eek: :D

Hey jess, have you slapped some heatsinks on yer mosfets yet?

dreIU said:
Well... I am not so much concerned about the memory getting too hot, but rather about the CPU and its on-die memory controller. I know many have fed it 3.3vdimm 24/7, so I feel safe at that, but 4.0vdimm.... :eek: :D

Hey jess, have you slapped some heatsinks on yer mosfets yet?

not yet, i plan on it tonight, but im out of glue(arcticsilver apoxy) but i have a 120mm, and 2x80mm's blowin over them ATM and there cool:), but i will sink them ASAP...

yeah havent used 4.0vdimm, because you need 4.15v on your 3.3vrail to do that:p, and my PSU kicks OVP in at 3.9:/, but i have used 3.8vdimm.....

Jess1313 said:
not yet, i plan on it tonight, but im out of glue(arcticsilver apoxy) but i have a 120mm, and 2x80mm's blowin over them ATM and there cool:), but i will sink them ASAP...

yeah havent used 4.0vdimm, because you need 4.15v on your 3.3vrail to do that:p, and my PSU kicks OVP in at 3.9:/, but i have used 3.8vdimm.....

So what is the max volts that i can push through these with your bios without having to mod my PSU? Is it still 3.2, or did you say 4?

Dissolved said:
3400+ 1mb, 1gb 3700 EB, and a 256mb bh-5 stick ;)

Where did all of that stuff come from? I'm baffled at what you mean by "it was just sitting on your desk" ? heh :) why can't it happen to me?

Odie

dreIU said:
So what is the max volts that i can push through these with your bios without having to mod my PSU? Is it still 3.2, or did you say 4?

no 3.2 w/o psu mod, and the reson for this is because the vdimm is fead from teh 3.3vrail....

OMGosh! :drool:

i really dont know what to say, because what i thought was my "dead" 3200 CH DTR, JUST POSTED :clap: :clap:

i will post inistial results soon.........

EDIT: just booted w/ out post issues w/ a DTR :burn: , currently at 10x254 1:1, not bad for a CPU, back from the grave...

Last edited:
Odie812 said:
Where did all of that stuff come from? I'm baffled at what you mean by "it was just sitting on your desk" ? heh :) why can't it happen to me?

Odie

i was kidding..

Heres the stuff running... im just memtest FSB testing..

Attachments

• dfi.jpg
    dfi.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 231
lil layzie said:
May I ask what video card are you using and what chipset cooler is that on the mobo?

GF2 (have a modded x800p vivo~XT in my SFF so i can still game till i get some burn in)

The chipset cooler is a Zalman NB32J (i think, its the older model i got from SVC), it has a Fan from a Coolmaster BLUE LED fan "Chipset Cooler" also bought from SVC.

My NB says very cool in my room even with 1.9v.. The cpu is on a Stock HSF and with just under ~1.7v it gets warm as heck. Going to Flas the beta bios and see if that helps give the temps a tad more accuate.

Testing in memtest 1.25 + ive gotten 260fsb 1:1 stable, but the mobo rebooted 270 due to the temp getting over 70c idle.

so i have ALOT of work to do, i have a phase-change system comming to my home this week, and im just messing with this till i get that all said and done.

Jess1313 said:
OMGosh! :drool:

i really dont know what to say, because what i thought was my "dead" 3200 CH DTR, JUST POSTED :clap: :clap:

i will post inistial results soon.........

EDIT: just booted w/ out post issues w/ a DTR :burn: , currently at 10x254 1:1, not bad for a CPU, back from the grave...

Yeah, that's called the jesus feature aka resurection :D

This board is a gift from god, or the god of motherboards, DFI :thup:

Hi guys; I lost track of this thread for awhile; I got slammed by a little storm called Ivan over here in Pensacola...lol. I'm ok considering how bad others got it, and I just got power turned back on yesterday. I also just posted this question over at DFI Street.....but thought I should ask the question here to:

I have all my parts for a new computer on the way, and my DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb just shipped out yesterday. However, like a cheap-*** fool that I can sometimes be...lol...I waited too long to buy some OCZ 3700EB memory. I was waiting for some more matched 1-gig kits to become available again, and now I can't find any types available (I wanted a matched kit in case I upgrade to a dual-channel system in the future). It has been missing from price searches for quite awhile now so I called OCZ today. They informed me that they will no longer be making this memory!!! He said “they” changed the die on them and they can no longer get the chip that they use in that memory. This memory had been pretty much unaminously considered the best OC'ing memory for this board from everything I have read; but now that it is no longer available can anyone recommend what they think the "next best" memory would be? I would prefer a matched 1-gig kit.

Thanks for any replies!!!

malinois1 said:
How about the OCZ 3200 Plat. Ed. Rev2 or the OCZ 3700 Gold Rev3. Go to Anandtech and check todays memory review. :)

Thanks for the reply!

I just got the exact same advice over at DFI-street.

I actually just finished reading today's new article at Anandtech about the Gold Rev. 3:

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2215

And also this slightly older article:

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2145

Now I just need to choose between the two. Both are about the same price for all practical purposes.....but which do I get???? Just so you know, I will be cooling an A64 3200+ [CG] DTR chip with an Asetek Vapochill LS. So I should get a pretty nice CPU OC, in which case I'm thinking the Plat. Rev. 2 memory might do better at lower timings....what do you think? The Anandtech articles had the Plat. Rev. 2 getting to DDR 557 and the Gold Rev. 3 got to DDR 546, both at 2.85 volts.

Back