• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI DK 790GX-M2RS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theoilman

Hi all, recently started a new build and am having issues with the motherboard. It does not want to cooperate with add on video cards. I can start it up with onboard which works fine, but it's kind of a pain to see my brand new GTX275 sitting there unused. I was getting POST code 25, went in and disabled onboard video, now it starts up and gives me no errors, but I get no video from neither onboard nor add-on cards (tried GTX 275, 7900GS and 6600GT). I am lost at what to do now, anybody have any ideas?

Specs
DFI Lanparty DK 790GX-M2RS
AMD Phenom x4 9950
OCZ Platinum AMD Special 4GB
WD 320 sata drive
Rosewill 500 power supply
Vista 32bit

Does the post up display and can you see anything in bios if you have a video card added in or is the problem just in Windows?

Do all of the cards you tried require power directly from the PSU? Are any of them powered just by the PCI-E bus? My first thought is that the video cards are not getting enough power or maybe none at all. It could be a PSU problem.

Last edited:
It doesn't even show the POST screen. The little LED on the mobo is giving me code FF (no graphics). The 6600GT doesn't require any additional power.

Then I would suspect there is something broken about your PCI/PCI-E subsystem. It could be a bios problem, though. I would pull the video card and use the onboard to download and install the latest bios if you haven't. If that doesn't help I would lcontact DFI tech for suggestions and if they don't have any bright ideas I would RMA for the board.

You've set the PCIe as the main video?
The manual wasn't very helpful with this option but it looks like you need to both disable IGX and enable a PCIe slot.

You have a molex plugged into the board above the PCIe slots?
There's a standard 4-pin molex connection above the PCIe slots for video power ...

The audio wouldn't work either on it. I decided it was bad and went ahead and sent it back, hopefully I get a working one next time. I'll update when I get the new one in.

Back