• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty DK 790GX-m2rs Overclockhelp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twistmaker

Hi!

I'm new here on the forum, and I like to teach how to overclock most of what can be clocked. Right now, I will first of all try and overclock my system and hope that someone out there willing to help me.

My rig:
Mofo: DFI LanParty DK 790GX-m2rs
CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 [email protected], HT Link: 2100.2MHz, system clock: 200.0MHz (want to have 4GHz)
Mem: (4x2GB) Hyper-X PC8500, 1066MHz (shows PC6400 @ 400MHz) :bang head
GPU: Nvidia GTX 260, 896MB (GDDR3, 448 bit)
PSU: Corsair 750W
HDD: 1TB WD + WD 1TB + 1TB + Seagate 500GB Samsung + 160GB WD

Again, I hope there is someone there who can help me. :burn:

Thanks in advance!

You sure about your HT Link speed? 2100Mhz? Should be 2000Mhz if you didn't already change the multiplier. Also, your RAM multiplier is not set properly (obviously).

All options related to overclocking should be in the OC Genie section in the BIOS of your DFI motherboard. Note that 4Ghz is not a given. Anyhow, overclocking an AMD Black Edition is pretty simple. Here's a few pointers:

1. You can overclock the CPU by raising its multiplier only. Raising the multi from x17 (default) to x18 will raise the CPU speed to 3600Mhz.
2. If your system is unstable after you raised the CPU multi, you may try to raise the voltage by one notch.
3. Always monitor your temperatures closely when you overclock, especially when raising voltage, and if you have an OEM CPU cooler.

I'm not to be held responsible if anything goes wrong.

Good luck! :)

You sure about your HT Link speed? 2100Mhz? Should be 2000Mhz if you didn't already change the multiplier. Also, your RAM multiplier is not set properly (obviously).

I dunno what happen, but i´ll try to set back the HT Link speed to 2000.

All options related to overclocking should be in the OC Genie section in the BIOS of your DFI motherboard. Note that 4Ghz is not a given. Anyhow, overclocking an AMD Black Edition is pretty simple. Here's a few pointers:

1. You can overclock the CPU by raising its multiplier only. Raising the multi from x17 (default) to x18 will raise the CPU speed to 3600Mhz.
2. If your system is unstable after you raised the CPU multi, you may try to raise the voltage by one notch.
3. Always monitor your temperatures closely when you overclock, especially when raising voltage, and if you have an OEM CPU cooler.

I'm not to be held responsible if anything goes wrong.

I can reset the CMOS-system, and see if it`s changing. Somehow, it maybe the ABS thingy stuff is making the change?
Btw, I got a Corsair H50 cooler, so hope it´s holding the temp down.

And I woun´t blame you if something goes wrong.

Good luck! :)

Thanks!

And my RAM is showing 400MHz each. I dunno why, but maybe it is the ABS system that it`s doing something with it.

In an application like CPU-Z, your RAM should show at 533Mhz. At DDR (double date rate), this means 1066Mhz as advertised for your RAM. It is possible that if you ran ABS, the application may have made changes. As you proposed, clear the CMOS to revert back to defaults values.

Your RAM should be on the 5.33:2 multiplier. Your HT Link should be on the 10x multiplier. From there you may change the CPU multiplier to overclock only your CPU. This is the most basic overclocking you can do, so a nice starting point to learn your way into overclocking.

I think your Corsair H50 will keep the temperatures at bay for now. Keep an eye out anyways, just to be sure! ;)

Back