• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty nF4 (Guide)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
g0dM@n said:
It's probably not the board then. You have to get the right settings man. They are just a b*tch to work with... I'm going to to try out my UTT probably this weekend or later this week. I'm still back on my TCCD (as you can see in my sig).

I can say honestly, you're wrong here man ;) It's the cpu, not board. Tried both 2x256 set of BH5 and 2x512 of new Mushkin Red Line... Believe me, it's not the board, it's the cpu... (Drunk agan but I hope I answered on the right question?)

Q about the PSU. I'm still reading so I might find an answer before I get a resonse :) I have a 600W Enermax. Unfortunately it is only 20pin. What is the consenses on 20pin PSUs at the moment? Do you center it or does it go off to one side? Also the manual does not make clear the purpose of the molex power connector on the MB. What is it there for?

Eric

ewitte said:
Q about the PSU. I'm still reading so I might find an answer before I get a resonse :) I have a 600W Enermax. Unfortunately it is only 20pin. What is the consenses on 20pin PSUs at the moment? Do you center it or does it go off to one side? Also the manual does not make clear the purpose of the molex power connector on the MB. What is it there for?

Eric

I don't know why the molex connector is there, but without 24-pin ATX-connector, you can only dream about +3,2V vdimm.

Zebbo said:
I don't know why the molex connector is there, but without 24-pin ATX-connector, you can only dream about +3,2V vdimm.

I don't go over 2.8 or 2.9 for my memory. TCCD does not like voltage that much anyway. I'd like to at least feel safe until I can order a replacement :( That thread does not look good.

Eric

G0dM@n: Do you know stable bios settings with OCZ Platinum 3200 EL rev 2 ? (mine)

Super Nade said:
Zebbo,

Could you add a line or two about the various board revisions i.e A01 A02 etc and the improvements made with each rev?

I honestly have to tell you that I don't know about improvements. I remember I have seen a post on DFI-Street made by Angry_Games, that if you have board revision R.A00 or R.A01, and you're not happy with it, you can do RMA process.

I have two SLI-DR motherboards, another one is revision R.A00 and second one is R.A01. Both of these boards works fine, no problems as long as I run my system on single channel. Dual channel gives no post. But, I'm not sure is it caused by mobo or has my cpu's memory controller gone bad.

I ordered this PSU. Its a slight drop from my 600W Enermax but it is 24pin and has two PCIe connectors. I chose 2-day air so it should be here about the same time as my San Diego. Unless the San Diego comes early.

Eric

Zebbo said:
You should be okey with that :)
I have this Enermax PSU.

Its funny. I replaced nearly everything in the PC yet it will end up only costing probably somewhere around $150. Both the PSU and Video card were cheaper models (X800XL vs 6800GT/NV5 silencer and 535W vs 600W). I chose the 600W about 6-12 months ago because I thought it would last longer (before needing something higher)! It was in my system less time than any other PSU probably.

Eric

Zebbo said:
I honestly have to tell you that I don't know about improvements. I remember I have seen a post on DFI-Street made by Angry_Games, that if you have board revision R.A00 or R.A01, and you're not happy with it, you can do RMA process.

I have two SLI-DR motherboards, another one is revision R.A00 and second one is R.A01. Both of these boards works fine, no problems as long as I run my system on single channel. Dual channel gives no post. But, I'm not sure is it caused by mobo or has my cpu's memory controller gone bad.

Looks like A00 and A01 were not very stable. Now my A02 also had problems. I don't know if they have an A03 coming up? That would be stupid becasue I would have wasted my money on an older revision.

For sure I can only say R.A00, R.A01 and R.A02 revisions exists, but I haven't heard that there would be coming a newer revision. I think that after I get this done with this A64, I will go back to Intel... A64 = sucks hard :bang head

Zebbo said:
You should be okey with that :)
I have this Enermax PSU.

NM. CPU should be here earlier than that. I'm not sure why it would take until Wed to deliver as fedex has it in the city right now. It must be ahead of schedule. Maybe I just will not OC much until the PSU is here.

Eric

well i just got my nf4 ultra d mobo in and im a lil confused....i have a lian-li 1200, where exactly would i connect the front pannel audio cables into on the mobo?

El-Scotto said:
well i just got my nf4 ultra d mobo in and im a lil confused....i have a lian-li 1200, where exactly would i connect the front pannel audio cables into on the mobo?

ehem, manual? ;)

Super Nade said:
Looks like A00 and A01 were not very stable. Now my A02 also had problems. I don't know if they have an A03 coming up? That would be stupid becasue I would have wasted my money on an older revision.

The only difference in MB revisions is the shipping bios and where they were manufactured. Physically, there is no difference. If you are having stability problems, I'd look somewhere else.

CJ

Zebbo said:
ehem, manual? ;)

hehe i looked in there, and well i just couldnt find out where it went, it didnt really show where on the mobo the connectors were :/

El-Scotto said:
hehe i looked in there, and well i just couldnt find out where it went, it didnt really show where on the mobo the connectors were :/

Actually, those connectors are not in motherboard, they are in Karajan Audio Module ;)

Facasi said:
G0dM@n: Do you know stable bios settings with OCZ Platinum 3200 EL rev 2 ? (mine)
I know the 3-10 or 3-10p is good, AS WELL AS the newer bioses. I'm on the newest one right now with my patriot TCCD.

Back