• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty nF4 (Guide)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
g0dM@n said:
Look at my sig. It mentions my UTT. I was running the UTT on the 5:6 divider for 243mhz 2-2-2-8, and now my board HATES running it in dual channel. I've been trying to get it to work, but I just can't take it anymore. It works about 1% of the time. I have to keep trying stuff to get it to work, then ANY small hardware change makes it not POST :(

Sry, didn't notice that. Have you disabled the CMOS Reloaded from BIOS?

On the 1st page it says, "A DIMM's SPD is originally fixed at 1T. When modules are inserted
in DIMM 1 and DIMM 3, the SPD must be 2T for better system
stability. We recommend inserting DIMMs in DIMM 2 and DIMM 4.

This is applies for 2x512 in dual channel mode."

So which is it? 1 and 3 for "better system stability" or "we recommend inserting DIMMS in DIMM 2 and DIMM 4?

If it is 1 and 4--I read that the XP-120 may block use of DIMM 4. Is this true?

I've never used 1 and 3.

Btw, Zebbo, I didn't do that. You sure that'll help? I kinda don't feel like wasting time again... but if it works I'll take the TCCD out again and stick with the UTT.

I'm not sure it helps, but I'm trying to give tips for you that might help :)

You may want to try this too, turn off your PSU and take off the power cord. Let it be like that for a while, and then install memory modules. Plug the power cord and psu on, and try again.

A64 + Memory troubles = :bang head

Last edited:
Zebbo,

Any luck with your new board? I have the same problem as you. DIMM Slot 2 is not working correctly. I think this is destabilizing my system.

Yeah, I guess there are several people with the same issues that we're having.

Zebbo, I would try the power plug trick, but I really think it's still not worth it. Why? Well, it's not worth it because I know in a few weeks when I make a hardware change it's going to not start up again. This is how it's been for about a month and a half and I just can't take it anymore!!

Hmm, take a look at bottom of the last PCI slot, there should be sticker, and there should be text on it saying "R0x". Can you tell me what it says.

Zebbo said:
Hmm, take a look at bottom of the last PCI slot, there should be sticker, and there should be text on it saying "R0x". Can you tell me what it says.
When I get home tonight I can... Sry, at work bro. Why you ask anyways?

when you guys make hardware changes, you are ensuring that you wait for the yellow lights to turn off on the mobo and afterwards press power a few times for discharge right?

I wait for the light, but I don't always discharge... I only discharge for bios flashes...

Super Nade said:
Zebbo,

Any luck with your new board? I have the same problem as you. DIMM Slot 2 is not working correctly. I think this is destabilizing my system.

Sry Nade, I missed your post. I haven't got my new board yet, but I should get it today :)

Heya...

edit: classic laziness...sorry, got the info in a quick forum search...

Last edited:
I think the DR has all the extra stuff... a carrying case of some sort, the frontX panel... I forget what else. It's basically got the extra stuff that the lower end models don't. I think the SLI-D is the same as my Ultra-D (since it's modded). I don't have 8 SATA like the higher end models. I only have 4, no frontX panel, no carrying case... you get the point...

Coo thx [email protected] shoulda flamed me for not searching first heh. =D

real men use text smilies!

edit: sli-dr has the Silicon chip, that gives 4xtra sata and allows (hardware? plz plz) raid 5.

apesoccer said:
Coo thx [email protected] shoulda flamed me for not searching first heh. =D

real men use text smilies!

edit: sli-dr has the Silicon chip, that gives 4xtra sata and allows (hardware? plz plz) raid 5.
What you mean text smilies. You mean b/c of my sig? Well, I did type colon and then close parenthesis for the smiley, and then colon and open parenthesis for the sad face.

I'm trying to figure a way to be able to type it without it being automatically changed... colors!!!

:)

If I were you I'd get the Ultra-D and mod it to SLI. You can get SLI bridges now =) <-- notice the smiley

Heh, i just give everybody a hard time about those graphic smilies on the forums i run around on. =P

edit: I'd do that (ultra-d) but I AM going to get a second xfx at some point and i am going to want the updates offered by nvidia. Especially for eq2...grr still negative perf in sli. =/

Last edited:
apesoccer, welcome to the forums!

Super Nade, I just added that on the #1 post. Thank you for informing me.

Zebbo said:
apesoccer, welcome to the forums!

Super Nade, I just added that on the #1 post. Thank you for informing me.

Anytime :beer:

BTW*
I RMA'd my board because now orange DIMM #2 refused to work. I wonder if it was because its an R0A02 board? Also, after a long (overnight) BIOS reset, the CMOS reloaded bpart still throws up junk. Followed R-Gone's BIOS Flash procedure exactly.

Back