• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty nF4 (Guide)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I did not know that, OK. So the board markings are wrong, I tried to read the manuals and find help through it but it is not written there. I plan to flash the 310p, I take it that it is the best proven and safest so far? I just want to take my step one a time to fully understand and get the full potential of this board and just want to be cautious. And thanks for a great thread, I now have a much better understanding of this board since building it three days ago.

ajlot said:
I did not know that, OK. So the board markings are wrong, I tried to read the manuals and find help through it but it is not written there. I plan to flash the 310p, I take it that it is the best proven and safest so far? I just want to take my step one a time to fully understand and get the full potential of this board and just want to be cautious. And thanks for a great thread, I now have a much better understanding of this board since building it three days ago.

Uh, sorry, I forgot to answer on that bios flashing. I personally prefer flashing from Windows since I don't have a floppy drive on my PC. But you should do what you prefer by yourself. And for a note, be sure before flashing from Windows, that your system is 150% stable. Otherwise you may funk up your bios chip.

Everything is at default and stock since the first boot so I assume that it is stable. Thanks Zebbo.

:) Just one more thing, do I reset the CMOS after flashing the BIOS?

Last edited:
OK Zebbo, so I did put the rams at the first yellow and second yellow, at POST I get a warning that says number 2 slot is for single channel, please put rams at number 2 and 4 slots for dual channel. Populating two yellows did not boot up or POST. Populating two orange did boot to windows. CPU-z reads DIMM's 3 and 4 slots when 2 orange is populated. Can't know about yellows for it will not boot up.

ajlot said:
OK Zebbo, so I did put the rams at the first yellow and second yellow, at POST I get a warning that says number 2 slot is for single channel, please put rams at number 2 and 4 slots for dual channel. Populating two yellows did not boot up or POST. Populating two orange did boot to windows. CPU-z reads DIMM's 3 and 4 slots when 2 orange is populated. Can't know about yellows for it will not boot up.

Okey, I was afraid of you'll notice this ;)
Can you please tell me what bothers you so much in this? :cool:

My concern is that the board may be defective. I am just trying to find the answer to why does the other slots do not boot when populated. Why am I only able to boot up only on the two orange slots. I have not been able to get in touch with DFI's tech support because they are close at the moment.

Interesting thread. Does anyone have a clue as to why I try to run DC with my TwinMOS UTT TMII 2x512 that I have to try to take out ram and put back in 1000 times to make it POST?

It takes me hrs to get it to work, and then the PC will work just fine until I make any minor hardware change. Anytime I do that I'm back at no POST again.

I did try a couple other BIOSes, and I'm on a BIOS savior. I clear CMOS 10002409243608 times and still no go.

Any other ram is flawless at stock settings.

Check out this thread. RGone has done nice job to tell ya how to get troublesome memory sticks working. If you don't get it up and running after this, I'll try to help you some more.

Thanks, buddy. Gonna read it right now...

**EDIT** Wow, this guy Rgone has a lotta run-on sentences. It's very hard to understand him. Anyways, all those settings that he says is just to get your RAM STARTED in DC? That's all? Then you can tweak after? So basically the problem I have with my TwinMOS will be fixed? Is this a translated post that you linked me to? It's so damn hard to understand. :(

Last edited:
g0dM@n, hard to understand him in what way? For me that thread is clear. You should not worry about parts #4 and #5 since I don't think you have a same system specs as Rgone do.

Btw, have you got your memory working?

3/10p bios, eh? Should I be trying that... hmmm... where do you find out which BIOS is good for UTT and which BIOS is good for TCCD b/c I have a set of 2x512 of each of those.

Houserate, you already know my UTT is really flaky (I think it's the board that doesn't like it). Any links to help out a brotha? :)

g0dM@n said:
3/10p bios, eh? Should I be trying that... hmmm... where do you find out which BIOS is good for UTT and which BIOS is good for TCCD b/c I have a set of 2x512 of each of those.

Houserate, you already know my UTT is really flaky (I think it's the board that doesn't like it). Any links to help out a brotha? :)

personally I haven't bought into this ram-type specific bios thing just yet. I ran my PQI TCCD ram with the 3/10p bios and knocked out 288 2.5-3-3-5 with just a little effort after following a TCCD ram Lanparty NF4 guide...... There are links to the guides over in the memory section and also over at XS. So, I'd say the 3/10p bios works well with at least UTT, BH5 and TCCD ram.

TCCD Guide

Last edited:
HousERaT said:
personally I haven't bought into this ram-type specific bios thing just yet. I ran my PQI TCCD ram with the 3/10p bios and knocked out 288 2.5-3-3-5 with just a little effort after following a TCCD ram Lanparty NF4 guide...... There are links to the guides over in the memory section and also over at XS. So, I'd say the 3/10p bios works well with at least UTT, BH5 and TCCD ram.

TCCD Guide
I can't even do 295mhz at 2.5-4-4-8. I think I need CAS3 to do that... ovekill... :(

I'm running 267mhz 2.5-3-3-7 on the divider, tho. Should I mess with the tRAS and try 6 or 5? I gotta run sisoft to check if it's better or not, right? You're gonna laugh, but I've run Sisoft only once, and that was on my already sold Barton about a year ago.

g0dM@n said:
I can't even do 295mhz at 2.5-4-4-8. I think I need CAS3 to do that... ovekill... :(

I'm running 267mhz 2.5-3-3-7 on the divider, tho. Should I mess with the tRAS and try 6 or 5? I gotta run sisoft to check if it's better or not, right? You're gonna laugh, but I've run Sisoft only once, and that was on my already sold Barton about a year ago.

Imho 2,5-4-4-8 is overkill already :)
Why don't you buy some good UTT stuff or good ol' BH-5 stuff?

Zebbo said:
Imho 2,5-4-4-8 is overkill already :)
Why don't you buy some good UTT stuff or good ol' BH-5 stuff?
Look at my sig. It mentions my UTT. I was running the UTT on the 5:6 divider for 243mhz 2-2-2-8, and now my board HATES running it in dual channel. I've been trying to get it to work, but I just can't take it anymore. It works about 1% of the time. I have to keep trying stuff to get it to work, then ANY small hardware change makes it not POST :(

Back