• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI BIOS Configuration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbanish

Hello,

I have just recently returned from a tour over seas and when I had went on my PC my BIOS settings must have reset due to the PC not being used for an extended period of time. I no longer have contact with the person that had originally set up my BIOS. As of now, my PC does not recognize the RAID Utility and I get "A disk read error occurred. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart" message during boot-up. I believe it is directly related to the RAID utility and non existent BIOS settings. I do not wish to overclock the PC at this time, just want it running smoothly again.

Videocard: GeForce 8800 GTS
Harddrive: Dual WD740 Raptor
Motherboard: DFI LanParty NF4 SLI
MEMORY: 2x2 OCZ Dual Channel EL 1024mb PC3200 Platinum Edition
Powersupply: 700w Eagle Vortec

If more information on my PC is required please let me know.
Thank you for your time!

I think your system has NFORCE raid. Do you remember the RAID setup? Raid 0,1? It says you only have two HD's. If they were raid 0, you would have had about 1.4GB of disk space. If it was RAID 1, you would have had about 740gb of free space.

Make sure in the regular bios, the SATA interface is set to RAID.

Once that is set right, reboot. If it is set for RAID, while the system is booting, you will see another option to press a key to enter the RAID setup.

That's about all I can tell you right now. I need more info.

Thomas

http://www.newagesupport/area51

Possible your CMOS battery died, clearing out your BIOS settings.

You need to know how the RAID was configured previously, then through BIOS you can recreate the RAID array as it was before. Once you add the disks back into an array as they were before, and ensure your boot order is configured to boot from the array, you should be all set. Leaving the rest of the settings at default would be fine.

Spackle, you mean 1.4TB of space. ;)

I think your system has NFORCE raid. Do you remember the RAID setup? Raid 0,1? It says you only have two HD's. If they were raid 0, you would have had about 1.4GB of disk space. If it was RAID 1, you would have had about 740gb of free space.

Make sure in the regular bios, the SATA interface is set to RAID.

Once that is set right, reboot. If it is set for RAID, while the system is booting, you will see another option to press a key to enter the RAID setup.

That's about all I can tell you right now. I need more info.

Thomas

http://www.newagesupport/area51

those actually came with two differnt raid chips on them, the Nraid, and I think the other was a VIA one, and different drivers for both, and 4 sata for each raid set.
unless that was something unique to the expert and dr boards.

ok topic, it might be the battery is dead like they said, that board is a bit old now, but its still an awsome board.

it has to be raid 0 since its only two HDD's in there, replace it and then you have to set the sata raid up in the bios, if you have the manual it tells you in there.

if you don't have the manual I can try to dig mine out of the box later and see what I can do for you.

oh, and IMOG, I think thomas was shooting for saying 140GB, the raptor 740's were the 74GB ones.

oh, and IMOG, I think thomas was shooting for saying 40GB, the raptor 740's were the 74GB ones.

Yaa thanks, I probably shouldn't have said anything... was confused because in one place he said 1.4GB and the other he said 740GB :) I'm sure 1.4GB wasn't intended though. :D

It is most likely RAID0 but two drives can also be RAID1 ... ;)

I know, it could be, but I never really knew anyone who ran raid 1 with only two raptors though. but it is possible.

guess we have to wait and see what he finds out about it to see what it is.

those actually came with two differnt raid chips on them, the Nraid, and I think the other was a VIA one, and different drivers for both, and 4 sata for each raid set.
unless that was something unique to the expert and dr boards.

ok topic, it might be the battery is dead like they said, that board is a bit old now, but its still an awsome board.

it has to be raid 0 since its only two HDD's in there, replace it and then you have to set the sata raid up in the bios, if you have the manual it tells you in there.

if you don't have the manual I can try to dig mine out of the box later and see what I can do for you.

oh, and IMOG, I think thomas was shooting for saying 140GB, the raptor 740's were the 74GB ones.

Thank you everyone for your help so far. I am slowing learning the BIOS.
Khan, It appears that I do not have the manual anymore and I cannot find one online. Hopefully you have better luck!

Thanks again

well, I do have my manual, but I don't have a scanner so if you have any questions let me know, don't know if you have to clear cmos if the battery dies.

is there any way you can post a pic of the board by chance, for refrence?

making sure the expert and ultra D's are similar to it at least.

then we can try and take it from there.

Back