• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty PRO875 CANTERWOOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK, I solved the problem, but gained a new one.

The ram was auto timed by the motherboard to be 5,3,3,2 which was way too tight. When I losened them timing up I got up to fsb 274.

However, the motherboard seems to have problems with the ram now. When I boot, the loading screen says the ram is running at 20 mhz. This happened down do around fsb 266 and then it registers correctly and says like ddr425 (i'm operating in a 5:4 divider). My ram is rated to ddr433, so it should be having any problems. CPUZ recognizes 512mb ram, but can't tell what kind or what speed and says there is a "driver error" when I load it up.

Why is the motherboard unable to detect the ram properly at startup when I am running the ram slower than its stock speed?

Anyone have any info? Thanks in advance!

aye forgot about the LPS/HPS settings in the BIOS. In the advanced chipset section, you can completely turn off this feature, to gain full control of your RAM. Your timings will still be limited to a maximum of 10-4-4-3, but you should be able to get even higher with teh system bandwidth disabled and set to manual.

Otherwise, make sure it is is LPS1 for overclocking (i recommend disabling it!).

as for the boot screen only showing 20Mhz, make sure you have the latest official BIOS for this board, and again, the system bandwidth disabled so you can set it manually.

let me know if this helps at all =) (the 875B is my main rig so I have to turn it off to get to BIOS and see these things for the moment =)

OK, everything loooks great so far, and I'm now prime95 stable at 3.4 ghz! Awesome. I went higher before but I decided to tone it down a little.

The only issue is that the memory frequency still shows up low when I boot. The reading says the memory is at 8 mhz.

Im running a fsb of 262 and with a 5:4 divider that means my ram is actually running at 209.6. Now, Windows and CPUZ both recognize my ram properly now. Like I said, the mobo reports 8 mhz. If I slow my memory down 8 mhz, it reports the memory correctly (401 mhz). If I speed up even 1 mhz past that, the motherboard reports memory speed of 1 mhz. It keeps going up like this as high as I take my ram (I've gotten it up to 28 mhz for example).

In the bios, my badnwidth is set at lps1. I've heard a few times that you can disable this, but I haven't been able to see where. I'd like to turn it off! I looked in the advanced chipset menu in the bios but didn't see anything, can you tell me what the setting is called? I'm probably looking right over it.

Anyway, thanks again for your help and helping me reach my ocing goals! This was my first oc, sorry I had so many questions. ;)

I875BLP_bios1.jpg

the highlighted red one is the setting you are looking for =)

Angry games, I look in my bios settings, and I do not see a "disabled" setting. I just see lps1, lps2, etc. You have to pick between this choices but I don't see where I can disable it.

Back