• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty PRO875 CANTERWOOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Angry_Games said:
heh good i copied your entire post and am sending it to Tom. I hope being Chinese (Taiwan) he understands what you are meaning. If not, I'll see if one of the DFI guys/gals in San Jose might be able to explain it better to him =)

T
Do you think you are going to hear back from the guys in Taiwan?

PC4000/4200 doesnt need more voltage if you get the right sticks =)

this is buffalo PC3200 @ 2.8v / +50mv vcore / STOCK TIMINGS! (CH-5 chips)
cpu-z-225x.jpg

Angry_Games said:
oops sorry CIT, have not heard back from anyone in Taiwan in a long time =/

guess I should get on the ball eh?

still want more specific info on that v-mod?
Yes, I would like some more information about voltage modifications that can be made to the 875Pro. I have been enjoying the board even so, but the voltage mod would make it so much sweeter. :D

I have installed my DFI 875P Infinity board. This board definitely rocks! I have tested about eight SD/CW boards and this is one of the highest overclocking boards I've seen. VCORE is very strong and works, I think up to 1.85.

I have an L310xxx Malay 2.40C that maxed out at 287 fsb at 1.62 VCORE on the P4C800-E. I made it to 283 at 1.49 volts before I had to pull the chip to check out an MO stepping (will sell it this weekend if it's a dud). Well the MO is doing 285 at 1.54 volts, and haven't tested more VCORE. The same CPU errored out at 279 fsb at 1.58 volts on the 4PCA3+.

Only caveat is the 2.7 VDIMM, so my ADATA PC4000 maxes out at 270, 1:1. At 285 I have to run 5:4 at 2.5-4-3-5. If I had 2.8-2.9 volts I could do 1:1.

Also, the board does not like BH-5. Board is 3D unstable at all mem ratios, even though Memtest is clean. I've seen the same problem on the Gigabyte, Abit, AOpen, and MSI boards so I plan to contact Corsair on this. But it loves Hynix or Samsung PC4000.

PAT is enabled at all mem ratios with no BIOS tweaks! I have not seen any board do this. The P4C800-E and Epox board needs BIOs tweaks to show it as enabled.

With a VDIMM mod, this board will rule! I think even at 2.9 volts. I believe the VDIMM mod is the same as on the Albatron PX845PEV Pro. There is a chip with 5 legs near the DIMM slots and all you do is hook up a resister pot to it. But I'm not brave enough to try it.

I have a HW monitor for my Epox board that shows VAGP and VDIMM. I will try to install it on the DFI to see if it reads these voltages. Both boards use the Winbond chip for HW monitoring. But 2.9 VDIMM might be enough for most people (if you get the Rev. 'B' Pro board).

use the hardware doctor on the 875P cd.

the "B" LanParty I875 has 2.9vdimm, and its pushing my pc3200 CH-5 Buf very nicely so far. I do have some Buf PC4200 on the way...

and the kicker...even though this is an Intel thread...the "B" NF2 will have 2.6v - 3.2v vdimm =)

use the hardware doctor on the 875P cd.

You mean the one on the 875Pro? The one on my 875P Infinity CD does not show VDIMM or VAGP. Can I download that on the web site?

I notice from the Newegg pics, my Infinity board has a slightly different mosfet arrangement from the 875Pro. I see two small aluminum caps on mine, which is very strange as I have never seen such mosfet caps used on any board. The Pro has the traditional all resin caps. Otherwise the board layout looks the same.

I am using the 6-03 BIOS. I was worried about the 255 fsb BIOs limitation but nope, this one goes to 400. I'll install the latest July BIOS tonight.

I was running DDR440, 2-3-2-5 at 2.7 VDIMM on my XMS3500, until I tried 3D: not stable. Memtest clean though. Seen the exact same problem on all the boards I tried except the Epox and Asus. And not just at 5:4 too but 3:2. The boards don't seem to like high performance ram. This ram has gone 250, 1:1, 2-2-2-5 at 3.2 volts on the 4PCA3+.

I made it to 283 at 1.49 volts before I had to pull the chip to check out an MO stepping (will sell it this weekend if it's a dud). Well the MO is doing 285 at 1.54 volts, and haven't tested more VCORE. The same CPU errored out at 279 fsb at 1.58 volts on the 4PCA3+.

Well that L310xxx Malay is now doing 290 fsb or 3.48 gig stable on the DFI 875P Infinity board. It actually benches 3D fine at 292 or 3.5 gig, but won't pass Sandra Multimedia until I drop down to 290. The only other board that came close to this overclock is an Asus P4C800-E, which did 287.

I have another 3312xxx CR 2.40C that is 2 mhz better than this one, so pencil in that one at 3.5 gig.

And that MO stepping 2.40C did 292 or 3.5 gig thoroughly stable at 2D/3D on the board, before I pulled it to test the L310xxx Malay. It could possibly go higher. I had it at 1.60-1.62 volts.

All the overclocks were tested to be 3D stable with a plethora of 3D stress apps like the Serious Sam 2nd Enc. and IL-2 Sturmovik demo loops, in addition to 3DMark2001/2003, CodeCreatures, etc.

Hey, is ANYBODY running 5:4 stable on this board? I found ADATA PC450 is the only ram it really likes, but it is only stable at 1:1 and 3:2, which is where I am right now at 292 fsb. Still, at DDR388 and 2-3-3-6, I get 2800 unbuffered, and I'll take it with the 290 fsb and 3.48 gig.

Did more testing on the 875P Infinity. Getting lukewarm now. When I run a 9800 Pro or Geforce 5900FX, I have to drop the fsb way down to 283-287 to be 3D stable. Yet a Ti 500 card benches 3D fine at 292 or 3.5 gig! With the latest cards, the computer will reboot while running 3D or lockup until I drop down 8-10 mhz. Usually I only have to drop down 2-3 mhz from my Memtest clean setting to be 3D stable. Memtest is clean at 294 fsb and I can run the long SuperPI run at 292!

So the board is CPU/memory stable at very high fsb, but the AGP slot is not putting out enough volts to keep up with the overclock. I tried 1.6 VAGP and no help. Not sure what's going on.

Still, 283-287 fsb is the highest I've gotten the same CPU on several other motherboards so I guess I can't complain.

I am going to try bumping the pots on my Sparkle 400W power supply. I also will try a 520W Fortran I have on order.

Still, this board is the most CPU stable board I've seen. The 2.7 VDIMM limit is not an issue since I have to run 3:2 anyway.

My beef about DFI is where can you get their boards? Nobody has the Rev. B yet and I notice the Infinity boards are not available in the US. There are no 875Pro boards in Japan.

But that is probably the A rev, and Newegg won't guarantee revisions, nor will they check to tell you what it is.

Even in Japan, there were only maybe 15 Infinity boards in all of Akihabara. The AMD Lan Party board was sold in a few stores, but no Intel boards.

It seems to me my DFI board freely gives out the volts; it has the best VCORE regulation of any board I've tried. Maybe that's why my PSU might be crapping out when I have a power hungry video card in the AGP slot.

Clevor said:
But that is probably the A rev, and Newegg won't guarantee revisions, nor will they check to tell you what it is.
It's clearly stated as the B version in the model number there. . Since it's in the model number, I think you can be reasonably assured that's what you're going to get. If not, it can be returned immediately.

Hmmm, that's interesting. Looks like it is a Rev. B.

I've been able to do 268-273, 1:1 or so with the 2.7 VDIMM limit on my ADATA PC450. I'm thinking 290 is not out of reach with perhaps 2.9 volts. Even 283, 1:1 would be awesome, perhaps 3800-3900 unbuffered.

I got a replacement IC7-MaxIII board from Newegg. If this one has the same problems as the first one, maybe I'll request an exchange for the DFI.

Heya, first post in this forum for me here....

I found this thread today about an hour after I ordered this board from Newegg. Obviously I had no clue that there was a revision b, even though my part number is listed as such from Newegg - MB DFI LANPARTY LP-PRO 875B RTL.

Even the couple of current reviews are still using the A revision, as they have all mentioned the vdim stopping at 2.7. This was a big concern for me, but now that I see the B revision hits 2.9 I'm less worried. Arriving with the board is a gig of Coirsair TwinX PC3700, but no CPU. I'll hopefully be able to confirm the B revision by checking part numbers on the MB itself, but until I am able to order the CPU for it, I won't be able to report on performance :( Should be about 2 more weeks before I can order that.

Anyway, glad I found this forum, and thanks for all the info in the thread. I actually read every damn post. :)

visual differences in the two revisions are easy to make out:

A revision has only orange UV plastic
B revision has mostly orange but two of the RAM slots are UV green, and one PATA raid connector is UV green.

A revision board is still great, getting very nice clocks from it, but the B board can already do what the A cannot because of hte increased voltage. I could never hit 225FSB on the A revision with Buffalo PC3200 CH-5 Winbond.

On the B revision, I can easily do 225FSB @ stock DDR400 timings of 8-3-3-2.5. My vdimm isnt even cranked to 2.9 yet. With 2x256 of Buffalo PC4200 (Hynix) arriving in a couple days, it should easily do 290 or better. A few have gotten the DFI up to 270 with PC4000/4200 RAM.

Random: heh good choice on boards! I am a DFI employee here to help you with any situations or questions you might have =)

There are many vendors selling both revisions of these boards, and the Infinity boards. Please check www.dfi.com.tw and look for the reseller link. I've seen newegg stock the I875 Infinity, and my I875 Infinity came from stock that was being shipped to one of the USA vendors. Also the I865PE is a very strong clocker.

CMOS Reloaded is available on both the LanParty I875B and the Infinity I865PE boards. It will soon be available for all LanParty boards I think.

T

Thanks Angry,

Definately feeling much more confident that I made the right purchase. I'm switching back to Intell after about 2 years with AMD myself, so was a bit out of the loop.

As for the board revision, what you describe is exactly the pictures that Newegg is showing for the LP 875, so I'm guessing they are correct with the model number and that is what I will be receiving.

Thanks.

Well I bumped the pots of my 400W Sparkle supply and got my rail up to spec, but I keep getting random reboots while running 3D until I drop down to 283 or so. This is disappointing since the board seems 2D stable at 292 fsb. I think there is an issue with the AGP slot.

Another problem I notice is with a USB250 Zip drive. I get a hang on boot when it is plugged in. I have to plug it in after I boot Windows. This is a common problem of Epox boards.

Yes, 5:4 does not work. Last night I tried my Corsair XMS3500 again (BH-5). I figured it must work at 3:2, 288 fsb where I am at DDR380. At 2.7 volts, I can run 2-2-2-5 Memtest clean. I got close to 3000 unbuffered! When I tried to take a Sandra screenie the system rebooted. Sigh. Still not stable. So BH-5 is unstable at all mem ratios.

I do notice I am getting about 50 higher unbuffered points over my Epox 4PCA3+ board at same 272, 1:1 setting. So the board has potential if some of these issues can be cleared up.

Hope you can get DFI to look into these issues.

Board came in today.

Wow, even though I knew what to expect with the bundle it was still a jaw dropper to see it in person. Anyway, it is the B revision, so once the CPU comes in I'll put this thing to the test.

Maybe you will get an MO step. I tested an MO step in the Infinity board and it was totally stable at 292 fsb, and seemed to be much happier there than my L310xxx Malay. I was running 1.62 VCORE on the MO and did not try higher. Again, I need to see where it's actually 3D stable with these later, sissy video cards.

Back