• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty PRO875 CANTERWOOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sup bros...Well i got a abit max3 today,to replace my lanparty875..man, i was getting the cold boot problem,having to keep taking the battery out..and on sunday i was listening to nascar live from the pc and all of a sudden the pc just shut-off and never turned back on..i tested everything in the pc im typing on..all mem and 9700 and cpu worked, so it had to be the m/b..i loved that lanparty board, but i cant be hasseled with the power problem..I..was having with it..So @ least now ill test the adata pc4000 with a 3.2 voltage..:)..ill post some results later..peace..

right on Citation4444!!! so you like them better than the infinion4000?

GWAR said:
right on Citation4444!!! so you like them better than the infinion4000?
These are tons better than that Infineon PC4000 I had. It also works in the slower modes other than 1:1. My other memory would only work at 1:1.
I hate to see you go away from the LanParty, but I can understand your reasoning. They need to come out with a way to increase the DIMM voltage beyond 2.7v or they will not compete in the overclocker market due to that reason alone.

Angry_Games said:
LanParty "B" revision is out... =) (I875)
In an earlier message on this BB I asked you the difference between the "B" and the current LanParty 875Pro. I ask you again, what is the difference? Does the "B" address the DIMM voltage limitation?

Check this out bros...Crazy ....max3... this is with your old mem cit4444..:)

FSB_291.JPG

Spec_fsb_291.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome GWAR. What DIMM voltage did it take to do 1:1 at 291MHz?? That's incredible.
I'm going to wait for the next BIOS revision with my LanParty875Pro. If they don't fix this voltage limitation, I'm moving on.

Citation, Angry has already confirmed that the engineers cannot fix the voltage problem with a BIOS fix. It is a hardware issue.

IS anyone using the 875B BIOS 8/28/03 on their rev A board? I don't want to be the guinea pig again.

I apologize to all that are waiting for answers. I've experienced a death in the immediate family this week and will not be around until the end of the weekend or maybe Monday.

I apologize to all those expecting answers from me. Please be patient, and if it is an immediate need, please email [email protected] with your questions/issues until I return.

Thank you,

Travis H.

Skoob said:
Citation, Angry has already confirmed that the engineers cannot fix the voltage problem with a BIOS fix. It is a hardware issue.

IS anyone using the 875B BIOS 8/28/03 on their rev A board? I don't want to be the guinea pig again.
Thanks for telling me it's a hardware issue. Maybe I'll look into doing a modification for increased voltage.

I might be the guinea pig and try the "B" bios in my A board. Wish me luck. :)

Angry, I am sorry to hear that as well.

Citation, if you can find a modification that would be great. Angry did mention that people are doing it on the nf2 board, maybe it will be somewhat similar.

I wish you luck on the bIOS as well:D I hope it works and is worthwhile.

It wouldn't let me flash to the B bios. Gave a message: program file's part number does not match with your system. Drats.

I did a voltage mod on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe mb. It was pretty hard to do because of the small points you had to solder to. Before I investigate this, I'll wait to see if the rev B board has addressed this voltage issue. If it has, I'll either upgrade to it or buy an Abit Max3 like GWAR's got. :D

Yeah, Im kind of heading towards max3 as well. Only thing holding me back is the lack of ide RAID.

hi again. I am able to get the parts info you need if you wish to voltage mod the board. You must realize that this will instantly void any warranty =).

some guys at the AMDMB forum were wanting to vmod the NF2 LanParty and the lab in Taiwan gave me the exact specs and parts used so I assume they would be able to give the same info for the I875 LanParty.

Citation: I am assuming that they have resolved the vdimm voltage on this issue of the board. I am waiting for my "B" revisions to show up so that I can give an honest answer as to 'what has changed that is IMPORTANT' instead of making you read a document that just lists all the details and you have to decipher yourself what is and isnt changed.

I have some great Buffalo and Golden Dragon RAM that beg to be volted to the max waiting to go in it when it arrives. Me and my buddy John have been all over the LP I875 (we must have tested 7 different types of RAM in it so far), and it has stayed at a certain speed only about 2 days at a time (today it is up only to 3.075Ghz, Monday it was at 3.42Ghz, etc).

Because of the situation I am in, i still might not get back here to posting daily until Monday, but again, if you have any issues or questions you can catch me at travis at dfiweb dot com. *ill get it in my sig soon dont worry*

Thanks

Travis

Hi again Angry_Games

I would love to have the mod circuit details on the LanParty 875Pro. I would love to keep this board, because the only thing I don't like about it is the DIMM voltage range offered. If I could fix that through a modification of the board, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't care about voiding the warranty. :)

well they wont give me that info heh...they will tell me which regulators are being used and can most likely be modified. I have not heard anything from the NF2 mod guys if they were successful or have even tried yet, but I have been away a bit also.

I probably wont hear a response from the Taiwan lab until late Sunday night (monday for them I think).

I'll keep you posted and get as much info as I can for you, but I also know that you guys will have to know pretty much what parts you will need to mod so I can get exact info on them if possible =)

Travis

Back