• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty PRO875 CANTERWOOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Travis,

It is Intercil TSL6520 for Vdimm voltage regulator on LP Pro875 board.

Best,

Tom

let me know if you need more information, but again, try to have an idea of how to do this already so you can ask for exact things you need (the engineers are not real keen on ppl modding their boards lol)

Thanks for that info. It's Intersil, not Intercil. And the part number is ISL6520, not TSL6520. That is the DC-DC switching controller used to regulate the 5V down to 3.3V (usually). The info we need is the location and value of the resistors used to determine the output voltage. If they're following the reference design (according to Intersil Application Note AN9932), it would be R1 and R4. According to that AN, the output voltage is approximately 0.8(1+R1/R4).
Hopefully, the engineers will provide a little more information.
:)

heh good i copied your entire post and am sending it to Tom. I hope being Chinese (Taiwan) he understands what you are meaning. If not, I'll see if one of the DFI guys/gals in San Jose might be able to explain it better to him =)

T

hey guys, i just came into some cashola...and want some of this awesome PC4000/PC4200.

can you guys link me to a reliable lowest price site that you are finding this on?

I've a couple posts into my AMDMB Trading forum for some Buffalo/TwinMOS stuff, but since you guys have already messed with it and know what to get, I'd trust you all to lead me in the right direction =)

yes i could bug the DFI lab for some, but they dont have anything higher than PC3500 at this time lol.

Thanks!
Travis (still waiting for the Taiwan lab to answer btw)

I bought mine HERE . Remember I had to return my first batch and got them to commit to ADATA chips for the replacement. I'm satisfied with the memory I now have, but I'm somewhat reluctant to recommend them as a vendor because of my experience.

hrmm...i hate to say it...but that place looks kinda chintzy...no real description on the modules other than they are 500Mhz DDR, and for $10 more you can get a brand name? lol.

one of the memory guys over in AMDMB trying to get ahold of some TwinMOS 4000. He sells all the other types of TwinMOS, BH-5, CH-5, TMD, etc.

Personally I would go for some OCZ EL dual channel Gold PC 4000 or the new 4200 is coming out very soon. Not a money saver at $400 though.

Alright guys I still can't figure out how to attach the front USB ports on my Chieftec Dragon case. There are 4 plugs, all labeled:

+5V (red wire)
-D (white wire)
+D (green wire)

Ground (black)

+5V (orange wire)
-D (yellow wire)
+D (purple wire)

Ground (black)
Ground (brown)

I can't put them in any configuration that works. Can you help me out? I've read the mobo book, still can't figure it out.

Thanks!

mike im right in the middle of a giant networking job but if yer patient, ill be back around 9-ish MST USA and I'll walk ya through it.

Once you set them, you will know how to do them for ALL USB connections like this, as they are universal and I've yet to see a different config on boards =)

Travis

PS: got the I875 "B" today mwahaha. And 1GB of Corsair TwinX 6-2-2-2 =)

be putting it together tonight or tomorrow with a P4 2.4C 800FSB/HT!

Can you confirm the 'B' board has VDIMM options in the BIOS higher than the 'A' board??? If so, where can you get the 'B' board?

Mike I apologize once again, its 5:40AM and I have not even eaten but at about 2pm this afternoon. Just got the I875B up and running, still working on others behind me. Going to bed now lol. But I PROMISE (these guys will tell you im pretty good about promising...just have to remind me sometimes!) I will walk you through it. The I875 manual is incorrect on how to do the USB.

Look at the USB header pins on the board. one set of pins has 5, one has 4. At the front (where there are two pins side by side), that is where your VCC (usually red) goes for both. The next pin is for DATA- (usually white), then the next pin is DATA+ (usually green), and the 4th pin is Ground. You will have one extra pin that is not being used (or its a 3rd ground...my Chieftech case has the 3rd ground, none of my other's do so there's always a bare pin).

If this is nonsense and you dont understand, have no fear, I'll cut a proper diagram when I get up =)

if you have USB headers on any other board, just look at them. They are all standard in how they connect. Its just an error in the I875 manual/setup sheet as I followed it too and thought the whole time "bs, this can't be right!" and blammo, it wasnt. So I hooked em up like all the other USB headers I have ever had to hook up, and they worked =)

T

PS: I875 "B" unfortunately only vdimm's to 2.9v =/

I kinda understand. But a diagram would be really awesome, I would really much appreciate it. Take your time, I'm in no rush. I have to work this morning 'til about 4pm (Central time US) so I'll check back with ya later. Thanks a ton!

usb_header.jpg

the Grey lines are actually supposed to be WHITE but white on white... heh

let me know if you need more help =)

Travis

PS: I875 "B" unfortunately only vdimm's to 2.9v =/

Hey Angry, know anything about the DFI Infinity? What is the VDIMM limit on that board? I'd be happy with 2.9 these days.

I got a steal on the board as a store in Japan was liquidating the last one. Got it for $108 U.S. It's an 875P/ICH5R with SATA RAID and HPT372N, so it enables IDE RAID 1.5 with just two IDE drives. Has Gig lan too. Tell me it isn't a Lan Party with just one LAN, which is fine with me. :clap: It's a Rev. A board though.

the Infinity I875 (my server's board heh) only does 2.7vdimm. Witha 2Ghz "A" P4, it will max overclock to 2.65Ghz without a hitch =)

have yet to put a 'real' p4 in it ;)

but its basically a LanParty without the pretty colors. The LanParty only has a single giga-lan port like the Infinity (both A & B LP's which I have running currently).

After reading this whole thread, I guessed it only has 2.7 VDIMM. 2.7 won't get BH-5 very high, although I do have different brands of PC4000 to try on it (OCZ Gold/ADATA/CFD). Oh well. I'll see how high it will overclock the CPU, and how bandwidth compares to other boards I've used.

I think a VDIMM mod is easy on the board but it would have to attract the likes of the Extreme forum crowd, which hasn't happened yet.

Back