• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI NFII Lanparty Ultra REV. A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

godofgorks

First off, I just want to ask, anyone have/had a REV. A Lanparty? Other then the SATA/PATA, and the serious lack of online support, how do these perform?

I've searched all night and have found little to no info on these boards. Also it's hard to find info since the difference is the revision and most seaches disregard letters (a or b)... :bang head

Anywho, I know I have a corrupted bios, 4 leds of death, and I'm trying to hotflash with my NF7-S v2.0. I get through the writing sequence (very slow from 2-85%). The verification run fails at 2%. I'm assuming that since the verification wouldn't pass the bios chip is bad, and/or regardless the bios flash was unsuccessful.

I know people have successfully hotflashed with the NF7 for the REV. B's. However has anyone done this for the REV. A?

I'm personally debating these two choices:
A. Magically get this chip to hotflash somehow. $0!
B. Buy a new bios chip flashed with DFI stock Bios. (Seems that's all exists) ~$10-15.
C. Sell this with the corrupted bios chip. Buy a REV. B. ~$35-45 upgrade cost.

i have a rev B nfII lanparty and i love it, my favorite computer even over this 64. the differences in the rev A are:

- marvell 88i8030 controller with one sata header vs. the rev B's si3114 controller with four sata headers
- a raid IDE 1.5 controller for a total of four ide connectors vs. the rev B's regular ata133 controller and two connectors
- two 10/100 lan ports vs. the rev B's gigabit lan and regular lan.

also i'm not sure but i don't think the rev A has the water block mounting holes or a southbridge heatsink. when i killed my bios a couple of years ago i purchased a new one online for like $20, it has worked great since. that's what i suggest, the onboard raid 1.5 is pretty cool.

The thing that I'm thinking is that the support for the board (REV A) isn't strong, and there isn't many, or any for that matter that I could find yet, modded bios for it.

I'm curious as to how important modded bioses are for this board for a moderate OC.

godofgorks said:
I'm curious as to how important modded bioses are for this board for a moderate OC.

i would imagine that really depends on your ram, with the rev B i tried several modded bioses but got my highest bandwidth scores with the official dfi bios. i too am having difficulty finding any information about modded bioses for the rev A, it's all for B.

you can check this link for a list of dfi's official bios downloads for your board.

you might also try asking around at dfi-street. i know there is at least one person there using that board who might know about a modded bios. the lanparty A is not quite as rare as the kt400 lanparty.

Back