• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diagram/Plan for dual loop system (800D)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guzami77

Registered
800dimage.jpg

Loop 01 (Red) - cooling Asus rampage 3 extreme and 980x
Reservoir > Pump > Mobo > Radiator > CPU > Reservoir

* Reservoir XSPC 5.25" Black Reservoir Bay
* Pump Swiftech MCP350 12 VDC Pump
* Radiator XSPC RX 480 Quad
* CPU Block Koolance CPU-360
* MoBo Block Koolance MB-ASR3E (ASUS Rampage III Extreme)

Loop 02 (Blue) - cooling two GTX 580s
Reservoir > Pump > GPU1 > GPU2 > Radiator > Reservoir

* Reservoir XSPC 5.25" Black Reservoir Bay
* Pump Swiftech MCP350 12 VDC Pump
* Radiator ??? - I think I can fit in a 2x140??
* GPU Blocks - Koolance VID-NX580

NOTE: im going to turn around all three corsair case fans to help supply air to the radiators. I was also considering moving the HDD case fan(behind the corsair logo) to the other side of the HDD bay. There seems to be room and it can pull some air from the rear of the case and behind the mobo down to rad 2.

Opinions on all this?

Hrm

How about a Black Ice GTX280 Xtreme with two Noctua NF-P14 for the GPUs?

With a fan controller I can play with performance vs acoustics

I'd think just flip the rads around. The CPU is going to put out a lot less heat than two GTX580s. GPUs almost always put out more heat than CPUs. Especially in SLI.

I'm not sure I could get it to look as clean with them swapped. And looks like a can fit the 2x140 rad

I had the SAME plan as you, and that radiator is not going to fit on the bottom :( Unless you remove the hard drive bay completely (rip out a couple rivets etc) There's no way any 240+ rad will fit under there. I ended up having to mount the 240 rad behind the 140mm fan on the back of the case. Pics on the way.

2ugyljp.jpg

And the room you have left to work with after the PSU is installed:

w8lqg9.jpg

The way the second loop worked out was not how I had planned at all. I thought the 240 rad at the bottom would be no issue but I was wrong. Now I have a rad outside my case with only one fan on it lol (at least its shrouded). My temps are still good though...under full load my gpus won't break 55c. I am running 2 GTX580's as well.

Last edited:
You mean it won't fit without removing both the lower and hot swap bays? I do plan on completely removing the lower hdd bay.

You mean it won't fit without removing both the lower and hot swap bays? I do plan on completely removing the lower hdd bay.

I was contemplating that as well. I found out after looking closer at the HDD bay that the mesh open bottom of the case ends about half way through...pretty much once it hits where the HDD bay would be, theres no more open bottom.

So there would be 0 airflow for at LEAST half the rad...I just mounted 2 low speed yates on the rad I have outside the case, so hopefully the temps will go down.

ALSO, a 480 rad up on top is pretty much worthless, there are only 3 open holes on the top of the case for a 360 rad. If you got a 480 it wouldnt be getting any flow on 1/4th of it.

Im going to Mod the case, cut out the top for a 4x120 rad and 4 fans, with a new grill. same for the bottom cept the 2x140 rad.

Hrm

How about a Black Ice GTX280 Xtreme with two Noctua NF-P14 for the GPUs?

With a fan controller I can play with performance vs acoustics

awful idea. Go read skinneelabs' triple rad roundup, the BIXes need high speed fans.

I went with the Koolance HX-CU-1402V after seeing reviews, and its smaller which is key here.

^^^ thanks for link

Back