• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Difference Between Dell 2007FP/WFP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sucka

As the title says, what's the difference between the 2 models? Which is better? Looking into getting my first LCD and want to get something that's easier on my eyes than my current CRT's. I just want it for watching movies/text/net type stuff, i'll more than likely still game on the CRT. Thanks.

The "W" is for Wide. So WFP is widescreen & FP is standard aspect ratio.

I think for watching movies, you probably definetely would want the widescreen. I'm getting mine today :)

snvpa said:
wow sucka been a long time since I've seen you here, glad to have you back

Thanks ;)

Been back for about a month now, and it is good to be back. Nice to see you too!

Yeah, the WFP is wide. It's the only difference really, but it's such a good difference. I love the wide aspect ratio. It's more natural. I've got the 2007WFP myself.

The new widescreen dell monitors are actually called WFP, whereas the older monitors are FPW.

i just bought a 2007wfp last night for 390 shipped! I am so excited! Anyone else have one yet? Have you noticed any banding issues when playing games or watching movies?

I got one and I just used the VGA connection. Not much difference in image quality from DVI; actually no noticeable difference at all in quality.

No banding with VGA as well.

The only problem is probably when I am forced to use DVI for HDCP, but I dont think you would notice the banding unless you were looking for it.

Beauty.

I have it, and I can not see banding EXCEPT when running tests specifically looking for it. In real life usefulness, it's unspottable. Definitely a worthy monitor.

Yeah, i read up on this banding issue (was unaware of it before i bought it) and i'm not having any issues with mine. During general use i'm not having any problems with it, what exactly is the problem we're looking for? Sad to know that Dell is aware of the problem and not doing anything about it.

The issue is when you run a gradient test (where a color changes from light to dark in steps of 2, 4, 8, 16, etc. across the screen), during the smaller changes the colors will match therefore almost acting like it's a "16-bit" screen. Honestly, if nobody pointed it out with a specific test, I never would have noticed it. It's very small and non contribuiting to real world applications.

(I hope I actually understood your question)

People say they notice it in FEAR and Oblivion when you look up at the blue sky. Its almost as if there are chunks of the sky put together, instead of all fluid blue sky. I havent tested mine completly, but did notice some banding on the banding test. I will keep playing around with it and do some more tests and see what I come up with. Also try playing a DVD movie on it and pay attention to some of the detailed parts, see if you can make it out.

Yamiyanazz said:
The issue is when you run a gradient test (where a color changes from light to dark in steps of 2, 4, 8, 16, etc. across the screen), during the smaller changes the colors will match therefore almost acting like it's a "16-bit" screen. Honestly, if nobody pointed it out with a specific test, I never would have noticed it. It's very small and non contribuiting to real world applications.

(I hope I actually understood your question)

Yeah, i'm just not seeing it. I understand what it is, and can see it in the tests, but not in general use. Like i said, if i didn't see threads on this i wouldn't have any idea something was wrong with it :shrug:

Back