• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Different RAM versions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rfkrocktk

I just RMAed 3 sticks of RAM to Corsair and I just received them back today. Unfortunately, I just realized that one of the RAM versions is different than the others. 3 sticks which I have are version 3.24 and one stick is 8.22. Will this still work fine when overclocking the memory, or should I try getting the 8.22 stick replaced with a 3.24 one?

Well, they are the same IC size though the 3.24 is Micron while the 8.22 is nanya. They should work alright through I can't comment on overclockability. Someone with a bit more experience on that front should be able to clear it up completely. :)

Yeah, I'm not going to invest a bunch of time into OC'ing them unless I know that I'm not going to be completely wasting my life on it :)

I would contact support as different IC won't work good while overclocking especially that nanya IC is usually bad for oc and micron depends from series. If all 3 sticks were from the same kit then you should get all the same IC.

Back