• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Digital Optical Audio vs RCA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That question you asked already iirc, and was answered with a not sure... :p

I have Xfi and I dont think i can swap channels like that. I would imagine with lesser audio solutions lie onboard, you wouldnt be able to? Not sure.. .sorry.

oh right.. lol

oh one more question to you guys;
whats the easiest way of finding out what model tv you have, without a manual, when it's wall mounted.

i need to find out the model, then find out how many hdmi slots it has, then un-wall mount it, and wall mount it again. lol

if i descriped my tv, would that be an easier option?:

sony bravia tv
56 inch
lcd, 1080i [not 1080p]

oh and just another question (sry for all the questions, lmfao);
is hdmi better than composite av cables ? they will both reach 1080i, so do they perform the same, or is there a noticable difference in hdmi 1080i?

oh right.. lol

oh one more question to you guys;
whats the easiest way of finding out what model tv you have, without a manual, when it's wall mounted.

i need to find out the model, then find out how many hdmi slots it has, then un-wall mount it, and wall mount it again. lol

if i descriped my tv, would that be an easier option?:

sony bravia tv
56 inch
lcd, 1080i [not 1080p]

oh and just another question (sry for all the questions, lmfao);
is hdmi better than composite av cables ? they will both reach 1080i, so do they perform the same, or is there a noticable difference in hdmi 1080i?

Try to get inside a debug menu or something like that, or explore the settings for something like Version, then Google it.

Try to get inside a debug menu or something like that, or explore the settings for something like Version, then Google it.

Wish I could, but it only comes up with the digital firmware version + the digital can't even find a signal.. >_>

Oh, just realised what I said, I had meant to say that Could I swap around the audio channels, if it's wireless? I literally can not physically swap them, without moving everything in my room , and then changing it's layout to make way for this.

Just move the ir receivers?

That should be enough, look for "FIRMWARE_NUMBER firmware bravia 56 inches", maybe some website has the firmwares and the model it may be.

Thank's for your information,

I had found the model number by digging up on the manuals, your information was a good contribute :))) but didn't really help. ;D

I've found out I own a: KDL-46X2000 and it's apparantly really good. lol ( i saw this except my model looks alot bigger and cooler than the product image ones, mainly because its wall mounted )

Alright, now I am just going to look for one of those after market rca audio adapters, preferebly @ £2 then un-wall mount the tv, because now I know that it has 2 HDMI slots ( one being filled by sky + hd ) so my efforts won't go wasted.

That model number means it's a 46" TV not 56". You sure your TV is 56"? That's a very uncommon size.

Back