• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DirectX 9.0C!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom10167

Hey, I just saw this, this has got to be very, very recent, as I just reinstalled everything 2 weeks ago. All I can really find about it is that it "improves the graphics, security, and performance of your operating system. " I viewed the first page of games, and Microsoft, and didn't see anything, so what are your thoughts on this?

lol guys the final version has been out for quite awhile :).

Direct from the MS website:

File Name:
dxwebsetup.exe

Download Size:
10 KB - 166666 KB

Date Published:
8/4/2004

Version:
9.0c

They might have just not had it on Windows Update. I formatted a machine not to long ago, and I just checked, and it does indeed have the 9.0c, so who knows.

At any rate, they never really boost performance of a machine THAT much, generally they just add new features in my experience.

yea, i got it a few months ago i think. never really noticed anything from it though.

taken from the created date of the installer I have for dx9.0c I have on my HDD:

28 July 2004, 21:19:06

and im sure I had been using it for a while before then to

It just became available on Windows Update, but it has been readily available from the DirectX website since late July in a web installer or a re-distributable.

DirectX 9.0c has been out for quite some months. July, I think. The redistributable(~30mb) has been on the directx website for sometime, and then it comes with ServicePack2 (~200mb).

So grab the redistributable if you don't want SP2.

Back