• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

disabling thermal throttling on nvidia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Herr Rogers

Could someone please point out what this feature is called in nvidia's control panel. Or tell me how to disable it?

you mean the slowdown threshold specified in the nvidia control panel? I don't think you can turn that off or raise the max temperature through any nvidia software, it's a feature built into the card to prevent it from overheating. with third-party software it could be possible, but tbh I don't know

I actually had a reason to do this on my old 6800, it constantly reported a temp of 137c even though it was cooled by an air conditioner and probably didn't exceed 50c

JamesXP said:
I don't see why you'd want to do it anyway do you really want magic smoke?
He wants to do the true meaning of a suicide run to have an excuse to get a 9800 when they come out :)

freakdiablo said:
He wants to do the true meaning of a suicide run to have an excuse to get a 9800 when they come out :)
except then he'd have no video card at all for a few months :eek: (although if he asked this question right around when the 9800s start rolling out, I'd understand)

Wicker Man is right. There is a Core Threshold and a Throttling option in the BIOS of most cards. Try NiBiTor to modify the BIOS, but beware of the magic smoke :mad:

Back