• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Discouraged:(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kkpudge7

Not as discouraged :) (pic update)

I started a case mod that involves UV lighting, painting the inside of my case satin black, and painting a number of my interior components with UV reactive paint. The project is not going well...I broke one of my 80mm case fans (solders came off), and two of my fans bubbled and now i have to sand, primer, and paint again...I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but I'm mad that my fan broke, but i guess the other fans are fixed easily enough. I'll post pics when i get more progress than I have now

[/vent]

Last edited:
i dont know if your new to this but case modding is not easy ..it never is ..the most simple things can get some complicated..
take your time, and do it right ..:)"
for the best results...good luck..

I am going very slow so i don't screw anything up, I'm a perfectionist so if something is not quite right it will bother me until I take it all apart and do it again. Snowflake, I'm not sure how it came undone, but the solders came off the circuit board. The connectors are barely visible from the outside, so I gave it to my friend who is very good with a solder iron to see if he could revive it.

On a good note my 250mm side fan that got all bubbled turned out very nice after re sanding/priming/paint. pics soon to come

Well, I got some work done on it. Here are a few pictures to show you guys the progress. This paint should be UV reactive, but my UV cathodes are not going to be here until monday from egg. I am painting the inside of the case satin black, and removing the red LEDs from the fans on my TRUE. I'm hoping to get a nice contrast of UV glow from this green, and the blue leds that I have in the case already. I'm going to do a few more things with UV reactive material, and I guess I'll be starting from square 1 if this paint doesnt give me the glow I want.

brutally honest opinions are welcome here, if you think it looks awful let me know, because I'm still not sure what I think of it :)

456.jpg

56.jpg

Cut some new holes for better wire management, primer, and first coat of black for case. It's coming along!

DSCF4057.jpg

Back