• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Distribution Plate Thinkness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1pqlamz

Registered
So I designed a distribution block for my external radiator project.
But I'm not sure what acrylic thickness to use, to thin will cause leaks I believe, however, I do want to keep the thickness down.
Does anyone know the minimum thickness of the cap plate for a distribution block?

32Squt.png
Szj3Lb.png

I would contact radikult via his youtube channel (he also has ebay, instagram etc). He makes a ton of these with acrylic so I bet he's done some testing to see what thickness works best.

if i remember correctly most ddc tops are between 15 and 20mm but my memory isnt what it used to be. honestly you can make it whatever thickness you want.

Thanks for the reply, but I was after the thickness for the cover plate. I have already got the answer from radikult so thanks anyways.

Thanks for the reply, but I was after the thickness for the cover plate. I have already got the answer from radikult so thanks anyways.

I think the information would vary upon opinion. I'd probably do 3/8" think for rigidity.

you should also inquire about mounting bolt torque specs for different thicknesses. It's an issue where the screw splits acrylic at the screw holes. One old chap years ago suggested countersinking with tapered head at just a few inch pounds. It only needs to hold tight to the gasket to make a good seal. Funny, he even mentioned a sequence to help prevent splitting. it started to sound like a Flat head motor build where these types of things really matter a lot.

Back