• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DIY GPU Support Bracket (no special tools)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

I've been trying to figure out a GPU support bracket that doesn't require special tools because I have none or buying it online which IMO is quite pricey.

I started rummaging through some left over material from various things and found a piece of window bracket from my portable AC. I simply cut it to size using a level on the GPU, drilled some holes into it to promote air flow from the front intake fans, covered it with some electrical tape for better friction to the PSU shroud and viola...easy to place and remove DIY GPU support bracket.

Also, next to the expansion slots was open mesh space...didn't like that idea much, with respect to dust coming into the case or decreasing air pressure from my fans. I used black drawer liner (bought at dollarama in rolls), cut to size, placed behind expansion slot screws, taped on the other end and bottom via electric tape and done..no more exposed mesh back. I'm guessing that part is for either some fan mount brackets or horizontal GPU mount bracket though I don't believe Phanteks sells either?

Anyway, a long post (sorry) for simply showing a simple way to support our big GPU's without screws or a fuss.

20171231_084550.jpg

Looks good Pepi, heck if you could add some fans to it that would be a nice addition. :thup:

Looks good Pepi, heck if you could add some fans to it that would be a nice addition. :thup:

I was thinking that since I have 80 mm fans lying around but not enough fan headers on my mobo :)

Maybe if I pick up a phankteks fan hub at some point.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a thread not too long ago having Lego man supporting the card? Looked expert and no tools required..

Back