• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I need new Mem.or just adjust ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

falcx

I've asked about ocz...........but here goes. I currently have 4x256 Kingston ValueRam 3200 dual channel(kvr444x64C3AK2/512)......not overclocked. Aida says its running at 2.5, 3, 3, 7. I have my Gat setting at Turbo. Voltage is 2.6. Is there a better memory (2x512 dual channel) I can get with better stock timings or should I just overclock this mem. And If overclocking is the key.....how do I go about doing it?? Ive ordered a new Antec True550 PS and an Aspire AlienX case to go along with my system.

OK..........I just set my Mem at 2.7V from 2.6 and Gat to street racer. In the bios I have the timings left on auto and they still show 3-3-3-8. But when I run Aida32 at that setting.............the timings come up as 2-3-2-5.(different from the turbo settings) Is this the speed my mem is currently running at or should I manually change all the speeds in the bios??

Anyone?????.Is there anyway to get this mem to stay stable at these settings?? It would crash my game after bout 20min..............and didnt pass on memtest in dos mode. Is there any other bios setting I need to change??

Back