• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you need help on How To Overclock?? Some answers in here. [Retired sticky]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use Toast for testing load temps, and i use MPeg-1 to 2 encoding which utilizes my processot 100% for about 6 hours.

If i run toast my temps go up from 41C idle to 58C load..... now that's a little high for a stock XP2100+ with vulcano9cu so I got a new Mobo coming that i am going to see how I can make the aircooling better, then i'll jump for watercooling.

if i hear you guys talk about temps..I cringe!!1

M

P.s. is that a word....cringe??

is this cooler ok for overclocking?
and i have logitech z 560 would it work if i get 14-16 ga wires for it than with the stock wires?

Thanks

nikhsub1 said:
I promote folding too, but, it hardly gives you LOAD temps, Prime 95 too for that matter, they are WEAK! TOAST is how to truly see your load temps, I guarantee you will see 5-10C hotter than the above programs. I have uploaded it to my server for those of you who are brave enough to run it.

*WARNING* Watch your temps!!!

http://www.netbetty.com/toast.zip

WARNING indeed!!!!!

My cooling solution is at most a crummy stock HSF

after just 30sec of TOAST my PC's CPU hit a record high of 67C - DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE WHAT HIGH TEMPS CAN DO TO YOUR CPU

This is great tho - true loading of my CPU

Ok i DL Folding@home and MTM5 fixed both progs and started testing had it run for about a hour and it went up to 48 C and stayed there whole time... and as soon as i closed F@H temp went down to 43 C so i decided to try even though it was a tight choise.

Result: O/C 1.9 Ghz and did same test again 1 hour later it was still at 48 C and dropped to 43 C as soon as i closed F@H.

you think i could do 2.0 or is it too much? or should i test it a bit more?

cool man, thanks for this info! has really helped me a lot!

before i make a thread about this: i got a abit BE6-II and i got this stick of PC133 sdram lying around, if i put it on my mobo suddenly my memory benchmarks go down the drain, with my current 256mb pc100 i get 600mb/s with sandra 2003 but with the pc133 stick i get 20 or it locks up after 20!! minutes of benchmarking....

could it be that the stick is a medion stick? (comes from medion PC)

guys can you help me overclock my system here.
specs:
epox 8rda+
athlonxp 2100+
2 x 256mb ddr twinmos
geforce4 mx440 64mb ddr
hec 475w

tnx guys!!!

Yodums said:
I found that your load program Folding is just a way to advertise. To be honest, Prime95 Torture Testing is the best.

I'd have to say:

40-45 Load is where you want to be when overclocking. 45-50 is the maximum you want to be. Anything over 50 is pretty serious, and will most likely become unstable.

Yep! Let that thing run all day long and you will know if your comp is stable. :D

I guess I will toot my horn in here as well.
My System:
Athlon XP2100 210x10.5=2210mhz
Abit NF7-S Ver 2
ThermalRight SLK-800 HS
Corsair XMS PC 3200 - 512 DDR
Saphire 9800 Pro 425/362 OverClocked of corse.

Running Folding right now. Full load temps are 50.5.

I can run up to 218*10.5 with no problems. But I have deceided to drop back to these settings for a while. I have tried to run Prime95 and I cant get passed the first test without an error. I have run memtest86, Auquamark2003, 3dmark2001se, 3dmark2003 and now Folding@Home. Everything seems to run fine except Prime95. I dont understand why. But I figure if this system will run all those Benchmarks and PLay BattleField1942/DesertCombat for 4 hours it has to be a stable machine.

My marks in
3dmark2001: 18,010
AquaMark: 42,560
3dmark2003: 6,250

I dont know if I can get anymore FSB out of this thing or not. It crashes on me at 220x10.5 and at 225x10. I am not sure what else to do at this point.

Any comments?

Thanks,
Redneck

hey im real new at this and dont know too much.can any one tell me how far i can push my amd 1800xp ?it is on a asus a7v600-x mother board, 512 ddr 2100,nivida gforce 5200 vid card????

Cluster said:
Overclocking voids the warranty on all parts. If you motherboard is fried while overclocking...you can probably get away with an RMA
What is "RMA"?

Last edited:
Hi all...I am new at overclocking and I have no idea how to find the max FSB on my mobo. How do I raise the FSB on this particular board?? I have an Asus M2N32 590 SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition mobo, and I have been trying to figure out how to get the most out of my system, but i have been almost afraid to mess something up since Im really not sure what I am doing. If anyone else has the same bios as mine, can you give me a brief description of how I can find the max FSB, memory, and CPU speed on my system? I have my CPU overclocked at 2.8 ghz now, which by the way is an AMD Athlon 64X2 5200 Dual core cpu. vcore is set at 1.44V. Memory voltage is set at 1.90V. Not sure if what my FSB is running at now though. Avg cpu temp is 32 idle and around 48 under heavy load. thx

Back