• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you watch G4TechTV ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think Kevin Rose is definately pretty knowledgable.

Any of you guys who haven't seen it, you should watch all the episodes of The Broken. Kevin said Dark Tips was a nod to that, a collection of tips from past TSS episodes that discussed some of the shadier things in computing.

Bleh, I think Kevin is a tool. The producers brought him in when Leo and Patrick were hosting as a gimmick to get better ratings w/ different audiences.

TSS started out very cool, w/ people calling in asking for help and Pat and Leo would help them. Then they had the guest, which IMHO, the guest was always annoying and drew away from the show.

The whole Kevin thing though... just lame. In 2003, there was some segment where him and the other long-haired Emo-looking guy (who's still on there last time I tuned in) went "WiFi-hacking"... which of course meant wardriving in Kevin Rose's crazy wannabe nerd language.

Call for Help was terrible until the network made the decision to fire Chris Pirillo and asked Leo to come host it (again, I believe), and did a wonderful job at it.

X Play was only cool when that crazy girl was hosting it w/ Sessler (forgot her name) but Webb doesn't do a bad job... and she's hot, so it worked out even better. :) And Cat Schwartz was gorgeous until... *sigh* just had to buy the damn Emo glasses. Though when she accidently showed her boobs all over the internet, that was pretty interesting I s'pose. :attn:

I'd rather poke my eyes out. Reading the beginners section of the Windows help file would be more entertaining.

Maybe I'm just too advanced, or jaded. :p

My cable company wised up and took G4 off. Thank god. I hated the feeling of paying for a channel of that garbage every month. G4 is total crap in any way, shape, or form.

TechTV, on the other hand, was the best channel out. Ever. I especially liked when TSS still had the 1.5 hour show. And before Becky and Chris took over CFH the first time. That was back in '99, when it was still ZDTV. God damn I loved it back then.

I have a personal bias toward g4/techtv simply because there were/are too many people in high school and college who watch it, bring up stuff they saw in conversation to try to prove their techyness level is above yours, and simply have no idea what the heck they are talking about. It's then when I don't want to be rude and scream "n0000000b!!!", so I just nod my head and say "wow" or "really"...

A majority of the content is aimed at an audience that I would classify as "advanced aol'ers".

Of course, I have to hand it to the network for the "ohh ffff..... s***...." that we all saw a while back. Priceless...

I watched tvtech and loved call for help and tss, the screen savers now is mainly a joke. Once leo was fired and pat moved on. I mean the host of though show had never looked insided a pc until like 3 weeks ago on the air. Who host a computer show and has never even built one? Its sad because it went from programmers and pretty much masters on the pc to a know nothing. Now I just watch it when im bored, I do like icons though.

jonwessel said:
Dude seriously, at least give us back "call for help" cause i have a problem: win xp home accidently got installed twice on my hard drive (dont ask), so when i boot up, it asks which copy of win xp home i want to boot to? so it cuts my HD in half, cause i can't access the second copy of win xp home cause i didn't log into it in the first 30 days that it was there so it gives me some crap about u need to activiate or register, but it wont let me even log into it!!! Is there any way other than a reformat to get rid of the unwanted installed copy of win xp home ???????????? HELLLPPPP!!!!

have you tried just downloading eraser, use it to write over the other windows. Then edit boot.ini to take the bad windows off the list, or auto select the good one?

theMonster said:
They took apart a mac mini last night and swapped the ram and hard drive.

... :eh?:

I really miss the old TSS....

Im sure leo, patrick, or yoshi woulda come up witn soemthing better than swapping the ram and hdd.. i mean.. geez.. how hard is that? :-/

I do that on a daily basis at school...

Well, Apple says the machine isn't user serviceable and they charge you a bit of money to upgrade that stuff when you buy it, so that is an informative bit.

I'm surprised they ran something as geeky as that, I thought the show was supposed to have a heavy gamer slant now.

XWRed1 said:
Well, Apple says the machine isn't user serviceable and they charge you a bit of money to upgrade that stuff when you buy it, so that is an informative bit.

I'm surprised they ran something as geeky as that, I thought the show was supposed to have a heavy gamer slant now.

Nor are most things :rolleyes:

I miss the extreme mods....

ZDTV > TechTV > G4TechTV

It was slowly downhill from the beginning in my opinion. At least most of TechTV was watchable, but I haven't once tuned in after the G4 buyout, and I also have yet to hear one good thing about it from someone older than 12.

I watch it sometimes, but like the others have said, it's not as good as it used to be, actually it sucks (TSS). And for the game shows, most of them are repeats of repeats of repeats.....

Ok, I was watching g4TV last night, and the new season of cheat was on...have you seen the new host for Cheat! WOW....I think cheat is my new show :D.

Back