• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anybody know what/where to get these GPU mem heatsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich'[ard]

img0910g.jpg

they look sexy!
apart from that, after i switched my 4850 to an HR03GT heatsink, none of the included memory heatsinks seemed to fit. either there's nothing on them at the moment, or i used some of the included memory heatsinks that only partially cover the memory chips on my 4850.
i have been looking for these orange ones but have no idea who makes them or where to buy them.

thanks for any ideas!

Yep yep, what Matt said!

Love my Enzotech 'sinks. Forged from a single piece of copper for the best heat transfer, round pins to let air from any direction cool them.
Best ones made, IMHO.

I use the large ones, 1" tall for my north/south bridge chips, replacing the chump factory attempt, and dropping 15° with no fan.

Don't forget to purchase a fastening method when you order. Either two-sided thermal tape (removable) or Arctic Alumina two part epoxy/adhesive (very permanent).

Make sure when you order, if you're going with tape, get sekisui instead of 3M (3M thermal tape is kinda unreliable). You might need to pick up sekisui from eBay as I haven't really seen it elsewhere, but it's generally pretty cheap. I use a hair dryer to heat-cycle it a few times before installing the card or board.

ohhh thanks for the replies guys! i just needed to know what brand they were so i know what to google =).
they look damn sexy i reckon. didn't know about the performance of them though!
i've seen them a few times,mostly on water cooled graphics cards though, as they look pretty damn nice together with the water block.
i can't find any retailers in Australia, but ebay seems to have some for about $14 USD which is pretty much $14 AUD so not bad =).

Not to burst your bubble, but ramsinks on a 4850 are really not necessary, despite looking nice and performing well. IMO these copper sinks are ridiculously overpriced (partly because copper is very expensive), and most people buy them first and foremost because of the bling factor before actually considering whether or not they are really needed. ;)

Graphics card component cooling in order of importance looks like this:

GPU
VRM
RAM

Some 4850s even have no VRM sinks as standard - my GTX 460 has neither VRM nor RAM sinks because it simply doesn't need them...but there is a fan blowing on the card, naturally.

By all means buy them if you think they look sexy, but don't get too hung up on the idea that your card will burst into flames without ram sinks. :thup:

Back