• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone know where I can find a Intel Pentium M 780??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mathjunkie

I have looked at eBay and other sites, but I was wondering does anyone know a site that sells Intel Pentium M 780???? See I have looked at some sites and they are asking at or above $400 and other sites have pages for them but no prices.

I found this one for you. I don't know what your price range is but that seems reasonable. Or there is one on eBay right now for $220, that doesn't seem that unreasonable either.

Good luck.

I searched for awhile when I was benching Pentium Ms.

780 is a very tough find.

Only place I found them was on Ebay, and they were insanely expensive IMHO. More than $200+ for a crazy old processor and crazy old socket just seems well....crazy to me :p

agreed with above. there's only so much money you can put towards an upgrade before it becomes out of whack.

And for me....it wasnt even for an upgrade it was for some benching experimenting/learning/etc....

I spent a good bit on my P4C800E Dlx, also had a CT-479 adaptor, a bunch of super goody BH-5 ram (Mushkin Black level 2 PC3500) but the Dothans, esp the high end ones like the 780 were just SO expensive and SO cost prohibitive I stopped looking.

And this isnt 5 years ago either.....this was like 6 months ago.

What do you want the Dothan for anyhow?

Maybe He wants to put it in a laptop.

My Pentium M 740 is still going strong at 2725mhz in my nearly 5 year old mobo, coupled up with some new 2gb Gskill 2.3.2.5 @454 mhz, and a Powercolor HD3850 AGP @ 823/1908, It will suffice until 2009 when I do a full upgrade.
I paid $85 for it about 18 months ago, great little processor.

Good point, but the rarity/price of a 740 vs a 780 is a wide margin as well.

Even if he were going to put it in a lappy, For $400-$500 you can get a brand new laptop that will vastly outperform an older one with a Pentium M in there.

I have to assume any s479 lappy mobo is going to have woefully weak integrating graphics. The $400-$500 one wont be outstanding either, but better.

Pentium M 780 is like the top of the line, rare proc and for someone to spend THAT much on a proc when laptops now have Q6600s and E8400s in them just doesnt make sense to me. Once again, the $450 lappy wont have those procs though :p

I've also been looking for a Pentium M 780 (2.26 GHz. 533 MHz FSB), and agree with all the rarity / price comments.

My laptop (Dell D610) is still going strong (upgraded RAM & HDD), but want to get it up to the highest processor around.

Question for ImperiousLeader... how is your Pentium M 740 running at 2.725ghz???

I've also been looking for a Pentium M 780 (2.26 GHz. 533 MHz FSB), and agree with all the rarity / price comments.

My laptop (Dell D610) is still going strong (upgraded RAM & HDD), but want to get it up to the highest processor around.

Question for ImperiousLeader... how is your Pentium M 740 running at 2.725ghz???
he got an adapter and threw it into an atx mobo and OC'd it.

Personally, the P8400 is $240, so the pentirum M 740 for $200+ just doesn't seem right. LOL

Thanks White_Pawn and Evilsizer, he's got a PC then.

I've got a laptop, stuck with the motherboard, looking for the Pentium M 780 as it is the fastest processor available for my laptop mobo/chipset.

http://processorfinder.intel.com/List.aspx?ProcFam=942

Which "sSpec#" number processors can I safely/correctly use (for 533MHz bus)?

(CPU-Z reports my current processor (P M 740) as a "Socket 479 mPGA". So I think it is a SL7SA)

Back